Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tummy control

kerry

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies, I wondered whether any of you could recommend the best girdle or corset for tummy control. My stomach muscles are not very good and i need to tone them up, in the interim which would give me a better shape, a corset ofr a girdle, I dont have much experience with either. I am a uk 16, I would love a smaller waist and a flatter tummy. Is there any hope?
Thanks
Kerry

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
Hi Kerry, I seem to be getting on rather well with the Rago girdles from WKD but I am sure if there is a better one out there the lovely ladies here will tell you :)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
It's not a high-waisted Rago girdle, but I've had a lot of luck with tummy control with the open-bottomed Rago 1359. It makes my tummy almost perfectly flat! Granted my tummy is all chub, no muscle, so it's easy to shift everything around.

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Hmm........

Having read the mentioned threads I am in a quandry. I have bought an open bottom girdle but cannot wear stockings with it because of thigh -rub and hubby wasn't impressed when I tried to wear stockings as he had to help me do them up at the back-and he said they didn't look good. I have tried an all in one corsolette but don't get on with the hooks and gusset at the bottom. :(

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
Eleanor Marie said:
Having read the mentioned threads I am in a quandry. I have bought an open bottom girdle but cannot wear stockings with it because of thigh -rub and hubby wasn't impressed when I tried to wear stockings as he had to help me do them up at the back-and he said they didn't look good. I have tried an all in one corsolette but don't get on with the hooks and gusset at the bottom. :(

Eleanor Marie, your husband said your stockings didn't look good? Oh dear :eek: , I thought he would have been very impressed.

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
I know.....

You would think that stockings would look good on any gal, but I have very short and fat legs and they are not too flattering. I did wear hold-ups for our wedding though :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
first off, hi! i'm new here :)

i also have trouble attaching my stockings in the back. what i've found works well is to pull the girlde down lower over my hips and attach the stockings, and then pull it up again. that way you get the stocking exactly where you want it. most of the time, i just attach my stockings when my girdle is half-way on.

kitty

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ITG said:
Kitty, that's a great idea and not sure why I didn't think of it before. I usually end up popping myself in the face or shoulder otherwise.
Oh My!! You poor gal!!! It took me a while to figure this out too, after twisting myself into one too many awkward positions, and being that I have rheumatoid arthritis and can't twist myself all that well, I had to find a better way to attach my stockings. I do the same thing, attach them while it's halfway on. Or if I'm wearing a corset I pull it down low while its still unlaced, and then pull it up and lace it after I'm all attached. I've also attached my stockings to my corset before putting the corset on. I've done this with some other contraptions that I have that are completely open in the front or back. This doesn't work as well. I find it's easier to get straight lines by attaching them when the "apparatus" I'm wearing is half on.
On Friday I was in a hurry to get dressed and attached my stockings without pulling my waist cincher down a bit. Because I couldn't reach all the way back, and the straps on the particular piece I was wearing were pretty short, I ended up attaching them a bit crooked. All day long my seams were uneven and twisted, which is so incredibly annoying. It just throws the whole look off when your seams aren't straight.
Golly, the things we put ourselves through just to get dressed in the morning are pretty crazy!:D :eek: lol

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Eleanor Marie said:
You would think that stockings would look good on any gal, but I have very short and fat legs and they are not too flattering. I did wear hold-ups for our wedding though :)

Pssh, I'm a believer that stockings look great on everyone, no matter what the body type! If you like 'em, wear 'em! Do you wear seamed stockings? The seam can make your legs look slimmer and longer. Even if they don't, not too many guys are into skinny lil chicken legs anyway, so be happy with what you got! I'm sure they are beautiful! :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pigeon toe said:
Pssh, I'm a believer that stockings look great on everyone, no matter what the body type! If you like 'em, wear 'em! Do you wear seamed stockings? The seam can make your legs look slimmer and longer. Even if they don't, not too many guys are into skinny lil chicken legs anyway, so be happy with what you got! I'm sure they are beautiful! :)
I couldn't agree more:) I'm of the school of thought that says "If you've got it, flaunt it" (well, as long as it's done tastefully:))
Over the past few months I've put on weight (they put me on steroids to gain weight, and I couldn't stop eating, ended up gaining more than twice the amount they wanted me to:eek:) Honestly it took me some time to get used to the weight I gained. I've always had curves. I was never one of those stick thin girls. But even though I've put on the pounds, I just see myself as being "curvier". And, to be honest, it's nice to finally have some curves in my shirt!!!!:D
I used to be uncomfortable wearing ff stockings because it made me notice my thighs even more, but I got used to it. I also realized it's all in the way you present yourself. If you walk around with an attitude that exudes confidence and an air of sexiness, those around you will see you as confident and sexy. Of course this is different than walking around with ones nose in the air and have that attitude that say's "I'm so good looking", well we just know that people like that are snobs and not worth our time!!! I know that this isn't anything you gals haven't heard before.
I don't think guys want those "chicken legged" girls. We're women, we're meant to have curves, from our shoulder to the lines of our calves. If we weren't supposed to have them we would be flat chested and straight legged.
Golly I should take my own advice!!! I do have to remind myself a lot of the time to let confidence and strength shine through my personality.
I think guys like confidence. They like seamed stockings because they accentuate the curve of the leg, in the way a tight or low cut sweater accentuates something else. Maybe your hubby doesn't like them because he knows you look incredibly hot and sexy when you wear them, and he's concerned too many guys will ogle you when you wear them in public. So he's really just saying he doesn't like them because he knows how beautiful you are and doesn't want to share that beauty with anybody else. Pretty selfish in my opinion, but he is a guy, after all!!!lol :D lol
ITG said:
Fortunately I don't wear them too often so I the pops in the face have only been on 2 or 3 occasions.

Sometimes I think these things should come with safety directions and a free pair of safety goggles!!lol :rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic