Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Uncontested - The Champ"

Yamahana

One Too Many
Can't say I've seen another quite like it. Even the feather works. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just seems to have that "it" factor. I think it'll pair well with a tweed suit, which incidentally, I picked up a couple this summer.
I agree 100%. If it’s the one from eBay a few weeks ago I’m the one that ran the price up going after it as well. It reminds me of the Adam Mr Mainstreet. Glad it went to a good home.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I agree 100%. If it’s the one from eBay a few weeks ago I’m the one that ran the price up going after it as well. It reminds me of the Adam Mr Mainstreet. Glad it went to a good home.

I must have missed that more recent one on eBay because I picked this up towards the end of winter. Early March my records indicate. I'm WAY behind getting stuff posted so I'm sitting on quite the backlog.

Colonel seriously.

New in Town
Has anyone had any experience with the Champ Kasmire fedora, circa late 1950s-early 1960s? My research suggests this hat company was an economy brand, but it certainly doesn't feel that way. It’s far smoother and more light weight than either of my two Stetson's, a Sovereign and a Royal, and it has a bound brim. Both of those qualities suggest to me a hat well above an ecomomy everyday hat. My question is did Champ make a higher end hat?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
You will find a lot more information in the Champ thread.

Champ made some great hats. Across the board, however, I'm not sure they are thought of as high end. There are a lot of vintage Champ trilby hats on eBay, making them accessible at very reasonable prices.

Has anyone had any experience with the Champ Kasmire fedora, circa late 1950s-early 1960s? My research suggests this hat company was an economy brand, but it certainly doesn't feel that way. It’s far smoother and more light weight than either of my two Stetson's, a Sovereign and a Royal, and it has a bound brim. Both of those qualities suggest to me a hat well above an ecomomy everyday hat. My question is did Champ make a higher end hat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner