Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Uncontested - The Champ"

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:
Champ Captain

DSCF2826.jpg

Looks like you are officially an Officer in the Champ Corps, Mr. Connors. :D

theinterchange

One Too Many
My "Takeoff" Arrived today!

My Takeoff came in the mail today! It's really in good condition, the only knock against it is the sweatband being a little dried out.

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

closeup of the pin, shoulda got all of the feather in there! :eusa_doh:

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

This is a sporty little hat, I'm very pleased with it. Though, I'm probably going to work on the bash a bit. "On head" pics to come.

Randy

Annixter

Practically Family
My First Champ

I thought I'd join the club before the thread got away from me. I picked up my first Champ off thunderw21, and I am enjoying it. I plan on wearing in public for the first time on Wednesday.

It has a center peak-crease (if that's even close to what it's called) that looks original, making it 3-peaked when the crown is center creased. When I got it, it wasn't dented. Because taller crowns and wide fronts don't look good on me, I worked the front lower and dented it with a pinch in the front. The peak-crease remains naturally popped out, but the front of it is now down in the crease due to my lowering of the front. This makes a very interesting look that I like--very streamline. I'm going to have fun with this one.

100_1159.jpg

100_1160.jpg

100_1169.jpg

100_1168.jpg

100_1167.jpg

100_1164.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Chinaski said:
That's an intriguing hat band treatment. I can see the overlapping part is felt, but what is the band itself made out of?

It is interesting, isn't it? The band looks to be some sort of bi-colored cotton webbing, or I assume it's cotton. From the photos I saw of it, I thought it was leather, but was proven wrong.

Annixter, that's a great looking hat!

Randy

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Annixter,that is a very classy and cool Champ fedora!You`ll be "fitted"(as the kids say)for sure when you wear that bad boy!

:D

I like your Champ better than the Champ Check Mate I recently got.Trade?lol

HMH

p.s. nice to meet another NorCaly person on FL! I`m 1.5-2hrs north of you.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Annixter, that is a fine looking Champ. I like the overwelt, and it certainly has an interesting crease - it looks good! I like Champ's slogan, "feel the felt." If that occurred in the past I guess you felt the felt...

Annixter

Practically Family
Thanks gentlemen. I've been getting some mileage out of the Champ already. I should be receiving my first brown suit soon, so the hat will set that off very nicely, or the other way around, I hope.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I just bought this Champ today at an antique shop. Its marked 6 7/8, but fits like a 7. My head is exactly 21 7/8 inches, so an exact 7 or large 6 7/8 would do the trick. The felt is in excellent condition, extreamly soft and pliable. The ribbon has some sweat staining so I might get it replaced by Optimo with a 2 or 2 1/8 inch ribbon of the same color. Based on the very small and even "I" stiching on the sweat band, and the fact that its reeded, I would date the hat to the early 40's, maybe a little before. It has a 2 3/8 inch brim which I find to be a perfect size for me. Ive been stepping away from stingy brims. It seems that lately the smallest brim that I will wear is a 2 inch. Here's some pics:

DSC03488.jpg

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03482.jpg

DSC03481.jpg

DSC03477.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03466.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1950's Champ MINT Condition

I found this one labeled weird on ebay and no one had bid on it. The auction ended and asked the seller if it was still for sale. I never expected this. The mail man brought this MINT (New Old Stock) Champ to my door yesterday. I bought the hat because it had a really cool ribbon pattern, and I knew it was nice, but not this nice. It looks like it came right from the Champ factory. If it was worn, it was worn once. No nibbles, no staining, no odor, no marks, nothing. The sweatband is smooth as silk and very pliable. This hat is my most prestine one to date and the felt really is the softest thing ive ever felt. It almost feels like suede. Heres some pics. (Pics of me wearing it in other threads)

DSC03838.jpg

DSC03840.jpg

DSC03844.jpg

DSC03843.jpg

DSC03847.jpg

DSC03861.jpg

DSC03851.jpg

DSC03852.jpg

DSC03854.jpg

DSC03859.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads