Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understated Flight/Bomber Jackets

bbcworld

New in Town
I've heard somewhere you can actually order an international jacket from Barbour and request they don't put the label on the front for the same price as a normal jacket in the shops.

The Nato jackets from what I can tell were usually black although I have seen them in green, they were actually the exact same International jacket you get today and the one I showed in the picture, except for no Barbour label on the front and they have a different tartan on the inside, buttons were also brass although I have seen them with the black ones as well like you mention.

On the inside underneath the barbour label you also used get to get a Nato issue number and maybe some written numbering.

These weren't on sale in retail shops but were army issue, loads of them came through army surpluses and other shops decades ago although now it is rare to find a new one or even an old one.

It's the trousers that are getting really rare as they are not being reproduced in any shape and form, I've seen 2nd hand pairs go on ebay for £130, Barbour no longer produces the "International suit".

As soon as I get back home on Friday I'll get you some actual photos of the jacket and trousers.

Edward

Bartender
Cool, thanks. I didn't realise they'd stopped doing the trews, that's a shame. I saw them selling on eBay quite regularly (I think new?) a couple of years ago, from memory.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Just bumping this up again, but Jules B (a small chain of fashion shops in the North of England) have the Barbour leather International and Vintage International motorcycle jackets in their sale.

Sizes are restricted to Small, Medium and Large. So if you're of a proper, manly build like me then you're out of luck. :(

garzo

One of the Regulars
Those Barbour jackets would be much better without the gaudy logo on the pocket. I don't like to pay a company in order to advertise for them. It should be the other way around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran