Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniforms in casual wear

srivats

Familiar Face
I wear an A-2 (goodwear), khakis and the BR officers dress shoes to work very frequently ... I'll soon be buying the BR khakis ... The A-2 looks awesome when worn on top of a dress shirt with a button down collar ..

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
My current winter wear, Irvin and 36'pattern boots.

stuff024.jpg

Maguire

Practically Family
i have a great m65 jacket i got from bdu.com for 30 bucks. Black, really durable, its about the only casual coat i wear. Great stuff. Plus its amazing how many movies/people wear this thing-
Rambo, Taxi Driver, the first Terminator, hell even Osama bin Laden has one in his tapes. go figure.

Burnsie

To work today - dated 1952 OD wool trousers, Corcoran jump boots and a Buzz Rickson B-10. For better or worse no one even looked at my get up twice.

Burnsie

Same get up to work today - with the substitution of khaki's for the OD trousers...must be in a rut!
snowB10.jpg

Queue

Familiar Face
Burnsie said:
This pic is totally badass without even trying to be - cap, selvage jeans, military boots and jacket.....IMO the epitome of cool vintage style!

Totally bad ass but it also looks like it is a found photo and is thirty or more years old (in all the best ways of course). I think it's the VW bus in the background.

celtic

A-List Customer
Queue said:
Totally bad ass but it also looks like it is a found photo and is thirty or more years old (in all the best ways of course). I think it's the VW bus in the background.

perhaps if you cropped out the modern motorcycles and photoshopped the modern armcast...

Chrome

One of the Regulars
My avatar shows.

Replica luftwaffe ww2 blue wool pants, bundeswehr white service shirt (from eighties). Picture doesn't show my US army issue trench coat.
Civvie clothing was engineer boots, suspenders and my Akubra Fed IV.

I guess back in here people only think military gears things with camo patterns and things with military insignias.

maxmanta

New in Town
I have a preference for modern U.S. BDU trousers. Take the leg pockets off and they almost look like dockers.

I also have a small collection of obscure camouflage tunics--sumpftarn, spinter, burred-edge, etc sans insignia--that get alot of comments and questions.

TBM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran