Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage AMF Harley leather jacket

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I want to "like" but it needs a pocket on the other side of the chest for that:(

very nice and appear trim on the waist

technovox

One Too Many
But it's this one pocket that sets it apart. Two pockets would compromise such ultimately essential and minimalistic design. This way the jacket says grab that one thing you need and let's go. XD
Yep. There's something beautifully simple and unique about this jacket. No one else did a jacket quite like this, so it's instantly recognizable when you see it.
HarleySportsterHorsehide.jpg

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Just in case anyone is interested.

My size 46 Brooks weighs 3.4 pounds compared to my size 44 Schott model 660 cafe racer in 2.5 oz cowhide which is 3.8 pounds and is 2 inches longer with more fabric and 2 extra zips and pockets. The Brooks 46 fits like a 44.

Schott CM1/CAF1 that I have is around 5.5 lbs. Maybe a little bit under but definitely over 3.8 pounds. It's horsehide thus not as heavy as cow, but it's still considerably heavier than that. All the standard Schott models that I have handled (618, 618HH, 118, 125, 141, etc.) were at around 5 - 6 pounds. I'm surprised to hear the 660 is that much lighter.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The 660 is made in light leather. The Schott 641xx in 3oz steer I had weighs 4.6 pounds. Wade at Thurston told me that then CAF1 is made of the heaviest hide Schott has used. Interesting this weight stuff. Even my uncomfortable and stiff Aero in FQHH weighed 4.9 pounds.

Personally I set a weight limit of 4 pounds for my prospective jackets - over that they aren't much use down here.

Wade at Thurston told me that then CAF1 is made of the heaviest hide Schott has used.

Interesting indeed! I didn't know that but it does make sense. It is approximately the same weight as my Vanson Model A which would make it 3 - 3.5 oz. But the Schott appears, well, not as heavy for some reason. I don't think either of the jackets are actually this thick... But Vanson is definitely a tougher jacket.

All my Aero FQHH jackets were completely different in weight. Like, Aero CR was made of the stiffest and thinnest hide I've seen from them, and the HWM was the heaviest but it was soft and wearable out of the box. No break in required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot