Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Candy

D

Deleted member 259

I was in a candy shop and picked this up:
69118f23.jpg

Fantastic, not too sweet or spicy. They also had black licorice & Teaberry.
A link about the candy company can be found Here.

Just wondering if you guys had any favorites of your own.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the memories

I always liked Black jack gum and there used to be a pepsin gum I liked. However when I see Black Jack in a store it usually costs 99 cents. I'm too old-fashioned to spend a buck on a packet of gum.

The Wolf

hotrod54chevy

New in Town
actually,the term i think you're wanting to use is RETRO candy..wouldnt wanna take a bite out of some ACTUAL vintage candy!;)
frank

BigDuke634

New in Town
They sell Clove, Blackjack and Beeman's at most Cracker Barrel restaurants. I haven't seen the Teaberry. Might call them up and ask if they sell straight to the consumer.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I've loved Beeman's for years! My wife always puts a few packs in my stocking at Christmas. I even got some this year. If this website is up-t-date, my gum is over a year old!?!:p

It didn't used to be so expensive, but the last few years it's been going up quite a bit.

Brad

D

Deleted member 259

hotrod54chevy said:
actually,the term i think you're wanting to use is RETRO candy..wouldnt wanna take a bite out of some ACTUAL vintage candy!;)
frank

You are right about that!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Speaking of "vintage candy" brings a story to mind...

hotrod54chevy said:
frank

I work at a state mental hospital. During President Eisenhower's administration, Civil Defense supplies were stockpiled here in the event of a nuclear attack. These supplies remained stored away in one of our many underground tunnels (this hospital was built in 1875 and has some really interesting places) until the mid-1980's. At that time, the old supplies were taken out and were to be destroyed. As they were over 35 years old, there was no value to the emergency management/civil defense effort any longer.

During the mid-1980's, our state was under a, let's say "tight" administration, and the leadership of our hospital was no different. To "save money" that year, the hospital's administration salvaged the hard candy from the old Civil Defense supplies and gave a little bag of it to each hospital employee as a "Christmas present."

Wow, 35 year old candy! Needless to say, we were NOT impressed by the administration's present.

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
CLOVE, BLACKJACK & BEEMANS - OUT OF PRODUCTION AGAIN!

Small batches of the Adams line are produced. That's why these limited runs sell out quickly.

Please contact Cadbury Adams Consumer Affairs Department to let them know that these are favorites or they will keep discontinuing the product. Too annoying! Call at 1-800-524-2854 weekdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.

http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore/gum_black_jack.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran