Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

lyburnum

Practically Family
Has anyone else seen the V&A Couture collection? It's small but rather fabulous - if only I had £95 to spare for this wonderful little black dress *sigh* Unfortunately they don't make it small enough for me either :(

091274popag2.jpg

http://www.vandashop.com/section.php?xSec=197&navlock=1

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I got the drop-down boxes for everything I clicked on. Maybe it is your browser? I did find the shop on Amazon, and they didn't have anything in stock listed there (and a few low ratings for the clothes looking "cheap" and the trench coats being summer-weight). I looked on the site's messageboard & some customers were asking about shipping & when would such-and-such be back in stock.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Miss Brill said:
I got the drop-down boxes for everything I clicked on. Maybe it is your browser? I did find the shop on Amazon, and they didn't have anything in stock listed there (and a few low ratings for the clothes looking "cheap" and the trench coats being summer-weight). I looked on the site's messageboard & some customers were asking about shipping & when would such-and-such be back in stock.
Yup, it was the browser. Apparently Safari won't allow any of the menus but the colors to appear, but firefox works fine.

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
Chic Shop

Has anyone ordered from this store? Their stuff looks great, but I'd like a good recommendation before ordering.

Thanks!

Mary

Shorty

New in Town
You can buy Chic Star clothes also from Ebay, sellers Ebay ID is chinatowner.

Bought a pair of sailor pants which arrived to the post office today but I haven't picked them up yet. I hope pants will fit because they'll be great for everyday use :)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Miss Brill said:
Have any of you ladies bought anything from Chic Star? http://www.chicstar.com/ They have some very feminine, Anthropologie-vintage-style clothes, but the prices are too good to be true. Everything is under $75, and it is all soooo tempting!

dress.jpg

trench-1.jpg

33237_LargeF.jpg

reddress.jpg

32318_LargeF.jpg

32174_LargeF.jpg

32970_LargeF.jpg

33198_LargeF.jpg

32920_LargeF.jpg

33217_LargeF.jpg

Just found them on eBay--they are a seller called chinatowner. They have fairly decent feedback, and they are a powerseller.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Shorty said:
Bought a pair of sailor pants which arrived to the post office today but I haven't picked them up yet. I hope pants will fit because they'll be great for everyday use :)

How did the sailor pants work out? They look very wide-waisted in the picture as compared to the hips, so I'm wondering where they sit?

Shorty

New in Town
I am very disappointed, sailor pants don't fit me at all. They look awful, maybe they'll look better on someone who's smaller than me, I mean slimmer than me. Fabric is so cheap looking and I do not recommend these to anyone :(

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Shorty said:
I am very disappointed, sailor pants don't fit me at all. They look awful, maybe they'll look better on someone who's smaller than me, I mean slimmer than me. Fabric is so cheap looking and I do not recommend these to anyone :(

Did you go by measurements or the tag size? What kind of fabric is it? I was seriously contemplating getting these pants. I have a growing collection of sailor pants.

Shorty

New in Town
I took the pants by measurements but they are too tight for me. I've got thick thighs so I guess that's why pants doesn't fit me at all.

Fabric is quite thin and a little bit strechy and also little bit like pants you wear when training at gym or go out for jogging. Really, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw these pants was I could wear them at the fitness club I go to.

But I think someone with slim figure will look great in hese pants!

Sorry about my bad English. Hope it gets better while writing here :p

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Shorty said:
Fabric is quite thin and a little bit strechy and also little bit like pants you wear when training at gym or go out for jogging. Really, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw these pants was I could wear them at the fitness club I go to.

Hmm..well, I am looking for wool pants mostly. THanks for letting me know this information, I have made up my mind not to buy them. Unless you want to sell me your pair. lol lol lol

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Wool pants?

desi_de_lu_lu said:
Hmm..well, I am looking for wool pants mostly. THanks for letting me know this information, I have made up my mind not to buy them. Unless you want to sell me your pair. lol lol lol

I think EvaDress might have a sailor-style pants pattern... women's 1940's pants are SO easy to make, you might consider trying it.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
dakotanorth said:
I think EvaDress might have a sailor-style pants pattern... women's 1940's pants are SO easy to make, you might consider trying it.

I wish I could get my hands on some Navy issue dark blue wool cracker jacks.

I could sew them it is true, I will have to check out that pattern.... thank you!

:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24