Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pics in your vintage threads!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
My roomate was nice enough to take some pics last night. They turned out kind of grainy, but I thought I would post them anyways. I bought this dress to wear to the Queen Mary, but managed to rip myself a monster tear in it somehow (it now has a lovely large black patch :( ). I had many seams to repair and the further along I got, to more seams started popping! So this deco darling is getting retired. I love the detail down the arm. And here's pics of a cape I got from Ebay for my birthday. Love the goldish green silk lining. Yummy :)
me02.jpg
me03.jpg

me01.jpg
cape01.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thanks, guys and gal! Deodoll, that's my roomate's cat, Jeanie. She seems to have a sudden love for me after my cat went missing a few months ago. Now that you mentioned it, I saw your cat in one of your pics and noted to myself how much she looked like Jeanie! I love cats!

David V

A-List Customer
airfrogusmc said:
I was going thru some old photos and found these shots of my mom from the late 40s early/mid 50s.

2.jpg

Boy. The Chicago Motor Club tag above the license plate bring back memories of my dad's 47 Ford!

Great photgraphs of your mom!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I love cats and dogs.We have a kitten and a puppy.

Lauren-Is that the one from Woodlandfarms?
I'd been watching that one too.I take it the thread was a goner.It's a shame,because it looks beautiful on you.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
She is so nice. We bought my vintage wedding dress from her,but when I was trying it on to show it off to a neighbor I put a heel through it tripped and ripped it beyond repair.I've never been so brokenhearted.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh man, that is so sad! I feel for ya on that score! I remember (This isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t as bad as ripping a vintage wedding gown but, as close as a guy could relate) I was at a dance wearing a pair of my favorite high waisted Hollywood vintage slacks that I found at a thrift shop for 4 bucks. I loved those pants so much! But, as I was at this dance, I was dancing to the last song and then dipped my partner?¢‚Ǩ¬¶. Yep, you guessed it, RRRRRIPP! As I bent over to dip my partner, I heard the sound that stopped time completely! I brought her back up to her feet and excused my self. I ran to the men?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s room and saw the damage! It was just off to the side of the seam. It was a fabric tare!!! NOOOO! So, I went home. I took it to my tailor and he fixed it but, he had to take it in a little in the back and well, it never fit the same way again. So, I sold them to a vintage dealer.

But, trust me, ripping vintage of any kind is just horrible! I still miss those pants!

WR.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I know how frustrating that can be.You're having a great dance night,one of those when you feel like you're just on,and rip,I've lost the top of quite a few vintage dresses that way when I danced more aggressively.Thank heaven I wear very modest foundation garments when dancing.Now,I don't dance nearly as aggressive and I have all my vintage re-seamed for a little extra protection.
Oh,and I displayed that dress at the wedding by the guest sign-in table.It was going to be a part of my wedding one way or the other.
There's enough left that I can have it hemmed to the ankle and still wear it as a formal dress.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You cross poster you! :p

I feel these belong here too! Any way, I have to say those are good photos once a gain.

I'm looking at them and you can hardly tell that Dan has a beard! Funny how that works.

WR.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Bwahahahahahahahah.

Oh and I am proud to say that I am wearing 98% vintage. I found the 30's shirt adn three piece double breasted suit at that show just two days ago. The tie is a frayed edge thirties tie and the shoes are 40's Florshiem

Wild Root

Gone Home
Dan's the 2%. LoL.

I wasn't as 98% as Dan was yesterday. The only vintage on me is the hat, tie, suit and shoes. Shirt looks like the real deal but, it's a thrift shop find. I guess you could say that the 2% not vintage is unmentionables? :p

WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart