• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Nathan Flowers, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Hurricane Jack

Hurricane Jack I'll Lock Up

It was great to hear the backstory on the ribbon among other things, Art. Now I'm ready to order one of those $30,000 hats! I have to see my banker first though.

FedOregon and Redfokker like this.
  2. Art Fawcett

Art Fawcett Sponsoring Affiliate

LOL, he was obviously talking about panamas Jack, I've never actually sold one that high but it does happen. Me? I'd put a down payment on another home.
    Thanks for all the comments Gents. It was actually a fun and flattering interview. Since it was done in my shop, I was totally comfortable and forgot the camera was on, just a conversation among friends. They only got one fact wrong, I was a Mason for 37 yrs, not 27, but who's counting?

RBH, BobHufford, KarlCrow and 4 others like this.
  3. Very cool Art!
    It was almost like we were back on the porch at Shenanigans !
    Very nice to ''see'' you again!

KarlCrow likes this.
  4. Art Fawcett

Thanks Rusty, It seems like forever ago , so much has happened since that day.

5. As a senior citizen that still works your words regarding "good enough" resonated with me. If or when I reach the point where good enough becomes acceptable then I too shall know it is time to hang it up. On my holiday I met a logger my age..68...i asked him if he contemplates retirement...his thoughtful reply was "I am at the top of my game...i have never been a better, more productive logger than I am now. I don't want to walk away just now...one day just not now.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

FedOregon likes this.
  6. Art Fawcett

True that Sir!!! I feel the same way but know the day will come when I need to stop. Until then, my words stand. We all should know that if that comes to mind, it truly isn't "good enough"

7. Bill Hughes

Bill Hughes A-List Customer

Well here is my first (but most definitely not my last) Art Fawcett fedora. I really like the look but I may have to bash it a bit deeper. The crown when open is 6". My wife thinks it's just a bit too tall for me.

"Po Bob" pecan.

IMG_2142.jpg IMG_2135.jpg IMG_2139.jpg IMG_2140.jpg

8. Bob Roberts likes this.
  9. Bill Hughes

I'll probably wear it to church Sunday. If so I'll have pictures.

Bob Roberts and KarlCrow like this.
  10. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

:)

11. Can never get too high...

Roanoke Jim and KarlCrow like this.
  12. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

No way that's too tall, Bill! Wonderful Work of Art! I love the pecan felt, and man, oh man, how wide is that ribbon? I love your new hat and I have a feeling you're gonna love this one more and more every time you wear it!

Tell us all the spec's: we have the crown height, but... brim width, ribbon width and color, etc, etc...

KarlCrow and Redfokker like this.
  13. Bill Hughes

100% beaver pecan
    6" open crown
    2" brim
    2" vintage grosgrain brown ribbon frayed bow
    grosgrain ribbon binding

It may very well be that my wife just needs to see me in it a couple of times to get used to the crown height. It is the tallest hat I have.

FedOregon, Bob Roberts and KarlCrow like this.
  14. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

Sweet! I was thinking the ribbon was 2" or more! Very nice, indeed!

This one is creased at 5-1/4" so quite tall as well and I love it!

[​IMG]

15. Bill Hughes

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0008.JPG

16. FedOregon

FedOregon I'll Lock Up

Nathaniel Finley likes this.
  17. FedOregon likes this.
  18. Well balanced conformation Bill. It works nicely with the size/shape of your face/head.

FedOregon likes this.
  19. Iconic look Bill. You and your wife will grow to love it I'm sure.

20. RJR

RJR I'll Lock Up

+1