Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage smelling aftershaves/EDT's...your fav...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
So what aftershaves and smellies do you wear that you feel have that 'vintage' touch to them.

A few days ago at work, one of the girls said to me that my scent smelled of something from the 1930's. Little did she know that was quite a compliment!!! It was FARENHEIT by Christian Dior!!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Really? Do you know if they sell it over here in the States? I would like to get some for my self if you say it smells like the 30's. But, what does the 30's smell like? I have always thought that it smelled like my closet! Old wool and mothballs.LOL

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Should be for sale in the US.

Just try the Christian Dior concessionary at any major department store in town, and they should have Farenheit. It's a very traditional, musky 'man's' scent. Would go well with smells of felt and leather!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! the broads love it..!!!!

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
I use Pinaud Clubman after shave and talc, English Leather, Brut, and on occasion musk. I also have used Old Spice and Aqua Velva as well. I would say Pinaud Clubman is my favourite though. Good classic barbershop scent!

rue

So what aftershaves and smellies do you wear that you feel have that 'vintage' touch to them.

A few days ago at work, one of the girls said to me that my scent smelled of something from the 1930's. Little did she know that was quite a compliment!!! It was FARENHEIT by Christian Dior!!

I completely forgot about Farenheit! It does smell good :eek:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I have the Pinaud Bay Rum and it smells pretty good. I also have the Ogallala Bay Rum set of 5 different flavors and I don't like any of them. You have to shake the heck out of them to get them mixed back up. I THINK that they contain Witch Hazel and that I don't like the smell. My wife hates the smell. I have some 1960 era Old Spice, and the Pinaud Lime Musk and she hasn't complained about them yet. I also have some of my Dad's old English Leather. Mom bought it for him back in the 1950's. I may have to get some more Fahrenheit, I used to wear it.

Congrats to the New York Giants!!

Later

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
I like Pinaud's Virgin Island Bay Rum - seems to have more staying power than other bay rums I've tried.

Booster Products has several scents that have have that old-time barber shop ambiance; their Moss Wood and Oriental Spice aftershaves are good. Booster's is hard to find but readily available online. This vendor sells samples.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Is either Halston Z-14, or 1-12 have a vintage type smell? I haven't had Z-14 for years, and I thought it smelled a little like stale beer, but I haven't tried the 1-12.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic