Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

John Galt

Vendor
Here's a better one, and a green Bandera 25 with a high crown and my own "Shasta Peaks" crease (on the left).

e2e2yhy9.jpg

Here's a better shot of the Shasta Peaks:

y5eteguv.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
A new one Resistol Cross Plains Beaver "25" from a fellow FLer, Thanks FL and Flick

Tomatoes are starting to turn red and flowers in bloom

Please excuse my photos and scruffiness today
Richard

John Galt

Vendor
That hat has serious potential. I can think of several ribbon treatments that would look real nice against that red body.

Agreed. I bought it to convert, and did this at Christmas, but haven't come back to it yet. I've considered making a whip-stitched 1950's cowboy hat from it, among other notions.

These red westerns aren't as hard to find as some of the other colors. I'm looking for an orange one at the moment. I passed on two in the last year, and am now kicking myself.

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
New one, just purchased, 4x Resistol in deep purple. I bought a similar hat for my daughter, but wanted one for myself ;-). I've always liked royal purple.

I don't know yet whether I'll convert it or just change out the ribbon.

desazeda.jpg

y4ese3e2.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. I bought it to convert, and did this at Christmas, but haven't come back to it yet. I've considered making a whip-stitched 1950's cowboy hat from it, among other notions.
I would leave it just the way it is, but it would be a 1 only season hat...

These red westerns aren't as hard to find as some of the other colors. I'm looking for an orange one at the moment. I passed on two in the last year, and am now kicking myself.
I don't see them much in my size on ebay...
Yes, I do kick myself also... lost a thoroughbred for $10...

New one, just purchased, 4x Resistol in deep purple. I bought a similar hat for my daughter, but wanted one for myself ;-). I've always liked royal purple.

I would change the ribbon and the crease. Where did you found it? It looks a nice color.

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars

desazeda.jpg

y4ese3e2.jpg

Takes a tough man to wear a purple hat!

John Galt

Vendor
Takes a tough man to wear a purple hat!

Well, I don't go around talking tough, and I'm not a big guy. I was a logger as a young man, though, and I have seen a lot of bigger & stronger guys buckle and take a truck home because they couldn't hack the work.

I just wear what I want to wear. I wouldn't wear a lavender or pink hat, but I think I can pull off royal purple.

John Galt

Vendor
I would change the ribbon and the crease. Where did you found it? It looks a nice color.

I found it on eBay after a dedicated search for a couple of months. Found the one I bought my daughter on another site.

I want to see it on the hat, but I've got some silvery steel-grey vintage ribbon that should really pop on this hat and mitigate against the "pimp hat" factor. The right color of green or brown ribbon might also work.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I think a black ribbon would go nice with that color.

Got this one... and... well a bit disappointed on this one but it fits so nice...
I thought that the 4X Buffalo stamped on the sweatband indicated it would be made of fur from bison or buffalo but it have in tiny letter on the size tag 100% wool, Made in USA, From imported wools. :(
For me it's a low crown, only thing good is that is fits so nice and have a 4 1/4" brim. Maybe I'll wear it when I have to do yard work.
4xbuff01.jpg

More pictures on the new hats thread.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

desazeda.jpg

y4ese3e2.jpg

WTH Pard! Purple? Woo Woo! Looks awful purdy! What's the Wild West coming to these days... ;)

I dunno...I guess you might be able to do something pretty neat with it though. Definitely isn't common, bland and boring.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
To compensate that "buffalo", this one also arrived.
Yes... another Stagecoach :D (Do I have the largest Stagecoach "collection" in the lounge?)
But not the one John Galt worked for me.
Finally a 4 1/2" brim hat that is NOT black. It's brown! The ribbon have 2".
brownstage01.jpg

More pictures of it on the new hats thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany