Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Great hat. Wish I knew how you avoid the headrest. I can't wear a 2 1/2 inch brim without it banging all the time and driving me crazy.
Difference in vehicles? I drive a pickup truck & I do have the seat reclined back just a bit for comfort. Same thing with my wife's SUV. It might not be possible to keep from bumping the headrest if you drive a small car.

CIMG3773.JPG
CIMG3772.JPG

Wearing the Resistol Stagecoach Outlaw today. At 4-1/2 x 6-1/2 this is the only hat I've ever worn where the brim will occasionally bump the headrest while driving.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg
LOVE that crease and hatband.........

That is a awesome nutria!!!!!!!! THAT is another grail hat for me, but an unlikely find in my size.......
Really, really sweet hat......great color with real nice ribbon!!!!!!
These fantastic hats force me to post this cartoon..........
history-cowboy-wild_west-western-shootout-shootouts-gra050719_low.jpg

Cheers,
M

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
@Hurricane Jack , so Kevin didn't touch mine ? Its still nice either way . The Shop is VERY PROUD of their Hats $$$$

If I ever go back to Western CO I would like to run down to Santa Fe and see what they would make a custom for my noggin for , and get it done . Maybe I'll make it next year .

Last edited:
Didn't he take on partners in 1992 and then leave at some point after that?

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-11-26/news/vw-61193_1_master-milliner
I don't know all the legalities of the sale. Most Durango retailers who rely on tourism have stores in Santa Fe because business dies in Durango in the winter. I have always heard that Kevin sold the Durango business to locals in 1990. The Santa Fe store may have been under his son's name; that I don't know. Kevin had to train the new owners as part of the sale. I don't know of any plans to manufacture clothing under the O'Farrell name. The last time I was in the Durango store downtown was in 2000. There was no clothing there then.

I believe Perry knows some of this as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo