Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

That is such a good looking hat! The ribbon fits the hat perfectly, it has the old West look.
Thanks DD. The ribbon is really a light gray, tone on tone with the felt. But it has some sheen to it in certain light & sometimes photographs with a bit of green cast to it.

I've thought about putting a similar ribbon on my Dorer. I'm not a fan of the felted band, I just hate to throw the Sterling in my parts box.
I'm not a fan of buckles or hat jewelry either. Or tassels. Guess that's why I prefer the Old West look over most others.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a fan of buckles or hat jewelry either. Or tassels. Guess that's why I prefer the Old West look over most others.
I... kind of like the buckle of the 20x Resistol Black Gold. But I've seen other that would be a don't. The felted band... if it were other hat (like a lower quality hat), it probably would get lost.
Jewelry it's a no.
Tassels I don't mind. Not against them. I like them on horsehair bands.
I love the grosgrain ribbon.
Feathers are a no.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Another Hat refurb. Saved this Resistol from ebay and turned around and sold it. hat #23a paid $33.jpg hat #23 sold $75.JPG

Last edited:

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another Hat refurb. Saved this Resistol from ebay and turned around and sold it.

Looks like you did a similar remake to my Stagecoach, except I kept mine. I am going to have to start selling some to make room for more projects.
2afdde6eb1322a25899006866fef0726.jpg

Nice work both of you! I really like that ribbon width on a tall western.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Looks like you did a similar remake to my Stagecoach, except I kept mine. I am going to have to start selling some to make room for more projects.
c974bcdefb9afe98c311d9990f1616c3.jpg
2afdde6eb1322a25899006866fef0726.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Beautiful Hat! Nice work. Looks like we share a common passion. I do really enjoy saving a good hat. I'm glad others like yourself do as well.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beautiful Hat! Nice work. Looks like we share a common passion. I do really enjoy saving a good hat. I'm glad others like yourself do as well.
Thanks Cornshucker, it is a lot of fun bringing back a neglected hat. I thought I had a weird fascination with refurbishing hats, until I stumbled across this forum. I am amazed at how many people here share that passion. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
It looks like the Butterfield Express Stagecoach!

brownstage01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21