Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What age should a guy stop wearing a bike jacket without a bike?

What age should the biker jacket be put aside to avoid lookin ridiculous?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Keep wearing it

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Milu

Familiar Face
I saw the comment that a guy should stop wearing a bike jacket when he doesn't have a bike in a post.

Amongst my many leather jackets I have three bike jackets. I haven't even been on a bike in eight years, I use my leather bike jeans in the garden and I wear the boots with jeans. All three of my jackets still fit, (strange, two are different models of Schott Perfectos a 44 and a 48 and they seem the same size and fit)

So what age should the non-biker's bike jacket be put aside? My gf says if you like them wear them, but her opinion does not carry much weight as she believes I dress weird anyway

ideaguy

One Too Many
I'm 55. Ride a lot, so wear leather jackets. I do wear different kinds of leathers, though-the old-fashioned "biker" jacket isn't in my closet at all, only have the tab-collar, sport-type jackets ( have a Walter Dyer that's like thick butter) and a few with collars; and I wear them when I'm not riding-not exclusively, but they fit well, look great, and ya can't kill 'em.
M'cycle jackets look cool at any age-and I think the older you get, the better they look on you...sure gives some people a pause when they see you in black leather, and you've got some silver going on in your hair-ain't ready for the home just yet, folks.
Wear the jacket. And buy a bike before gas hits $7.- a gal....

Aviator

Familiar Face
The answer to both of these questions is 87 1/2 years of age.

I can't share the mathematical formula I used; suffice to say it was complex.lol

Edward

Bartender
Doh! said:
When it rains, I put on a trench coat. I have yet to set foot inside of a trench.

lol - between this one and fletch's comment, I think that says it all. I've been wearing a Brando style bike jacket on and off since the age of 15, and never owned a motorcycle. (Been out on the back of Dad's once or twice, but hey...). TBH, I never think of them as motocycle jackets: I first wanted one under the influence of Alice Cooper, then it was Joey Ramone, then Marlon Brando I wanted to look like (also working on the Brando belly these dyas, alas!). To my way of thinking, it's only naff if you're trying to give the impression that you do have a bike when you don't. True story: every year when the big National Bike Show is on at Earl's Court, if you stop half a mile up the road you'll see some guys getting out of the Volvo and changing into bike leathers....

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aviator said:
I can't share the mathematical formula I used; suffice to say it was complex.lol

My formula gives 91, but probably it's similar to yours. We can split the diff. And mine is proprietary as well, before anyone asks; I'll take it (and my bike jacket) to my grave.

Custom79

One of the Regulars
No-brainer

If it's a nice jacket and you like how you feel when you wear it, you can wear it right up until you kick the bucket.

Then your son/daughter should have first dibs on it.

Cheers.

C79

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy