Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Harry Hudson (1898-1969) was a British bandleader, best known from the 20s to the 40s. Purportedly, Harry Hudson was an in-house bandleader for Edison Bell which was one of the first record companies in England. The firm was acquired by British Decca in 1933. Hudson recorded both under his name and under different pseudonyms. Later on, from 1947- 1953, Hudson was well-known as the pianist on Britain's first radio quiz program Have A Go.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qh-NLCOGzrM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qh-NLCOGzrM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-NLCOGzrM

I am currently listening to a cd I put together of the Mills Brothers and filled in the rest with Dean Martin. One of the things that few people know is that Dean patterns his regular singing style after one of the Mills brothers. (I don't recall their names but it's the one guy that is the largest in the group.)

Christmas Greetings one and all!
A-tu four-ay, a-tu door-ay, Welcome Christmas, Christmas Day!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Since we got pelted by snow and ice and sleet yesterday, I'm ignoring winter by listening to a baseball game. From July 1, 1953, the St. Louis Browns meet the Chicago White Sox in "Mutual's Game of the Day," presented by Falstaff Beer, Choicest Product Of The Brewer's Art. Yeah, right.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I PROTEST

Lizzie, I apologize if the following is "politics." You may remove this message at your discretion. But something needs to be said!

I was gonna share a 1932 Bert Lown recording off YouTube with you.
But the poster - who's given us hundreds of good, rare 78-era sides - has been terms-of-use-inated.
:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

I'm normally as law-abiding as the next guy. But when great, unmarketable niche music has to go away to "protect" some huge company who doesn't give one millionth of a wet slap about it, copyright becomes not a right, but a wrong. Pro Sonny Bono - not pro bono publico.

Go here to learn more. And see my sig.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A legitimate comment, and I'll let it stand as such, but no more discussing copyright please. Remember, intellectual property lawyers have to eat too.

103670-FB.jpg

Carlisle Blues

Sorry about your angst Fletch..:(

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Mbz-rT5gsA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Mbz-rT5gsA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Carlisle Blues

LizzieMaine said:
A legitimate comment, and I'll let it stand as such, but no more discussing copyright please. Remember, intellectual property lawyers have to eat too.

103670-FB.jpg

Fletch said:
Bless you. I'll leave it at that.

But IP lawyers look more like this.
i055_th.jpg

I respect the opinions of others, MORE I defend their right to say what they need to. If you look at my previous post I supported Fletch in his troubled moments.

However after thinking about this. I will say both as an artist who holds copyrights and an Intellectual Property attorney who has worked with artists, organizations such as ASCAP and has painstakingly studied the inherent problems with the instant law. I have to say this was in very poor taste.

If you disagree with the law that is one thing, but, to publicly castigate those who are duty bound to apply it is another. shakeshead

I think I will post a song to the good friends I have made on The Fedora Lounge.....:) :) :D :D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aYCKfuFI60&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4aYCKfuFI60&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Another bone-chilling cold morning, so another ballgame: Philadelphia at New York, June 21, 1964. Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning has retired 24 men in a row, and the announcers are hinting he might throw a perfect game. What nonsense. That's about as likely as a ballplayer being elected to Congress.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
I respect the opinions of others, MORE I defend their right to say what they need to. If you look at my previous post I supported Fletch in his troubled moments.

However after thinking about this. I will say both as an artist who holds copyrights and an Intellectual Property attorney who has worked with artists, organizations such as ASCAP and has painstakingly studied the inherent problems with the instant law. I have to say this was in very poor taste.

If you disagree with the law that is one thing, but, to publicly castigate those who are duty bound to apply it is another. shakeshead
I take your point, CB.
I would like to change the caption for this pic from: IP Lawyers
to: Big Media Copyright Hoarders, fka Holders.
i055_th.jpg

Back to music now...This one goes out to Red, Schmitty, and Eddie the Bronf, from your pals in Tubesville.
Click it!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
Another bone-chilling cold morning, so another ballgame: Philadelphia at New York, June 21, 1964. Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning has retired 24 men in a row, and the announcers are hinting he might throw a perfect game. What nonsense. That's about as likely as a ballplayer being elected to Congress.

John Tener, Chicago White Sox, elected Congress 1908. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw