Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Had some awesome Mexican food and a decent house margarita tonight. Sat across from John Dillon (second guy on the left in the first photo and second guy on the the right in the second photo -- circa 1973). So ... had to listen to a little OMD on the way home.

28571632893_f07e399d2e_c.jpg

ozark-mountain-daredevils.jpg

Had some awesome Mexican food and a decent house margarita tonight. Sat across from John Dillon (second guy on the left in the first photo and second guy on the the right in the second photo -- circa 1973). So ... had to listen to a little OMD on the way home.

28571632893_f07e399d2e_c.jpg

ozark-mountain-daredevils.jpg

Bob, are any of those guys still around in the area? And was the murder of their housekeeper ever solved? As I recall it's just a cold case now.

Bob, are any of those guys still around in the area? And was the murder of their housekeeper ever solved?

Jack -- most of them are still in the area and a couple are in Nashville. I don't think they ever solved that murder case. BTW, I used to live in Steve Cash's former home on the Niangua River near Buffalo, MO. Originally build in 1927 and expanded in the 1970s.

29165743686_5f8a3c2b8d_z.jpg

Jack -- most of them are still in the area and a couple are in Nashville. I don't think they ever solved that murder case. BTW, I used to live in Steve Cash's former home on the Niangua River near Buffalo, MO. Originally build in 1927 and expanded in the 1970s.

29165743686_5f8a3c2b8d_z.jpg
I knew one of them was a studio musician in Nashville but didn't know about the rest.

Denton

One of the Regulars
The lyrics might seem to be complaining about regressive taxation but they are actually doing something more fanciful. The conceit is that sales tax somehow works its way into informal and illegal markets -- households, sex work, bootlegging, etc.

Great video of "Wildwood Flower" a page or two back.

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Dear God, thank you for helping me get and play the melodeon and harmonica. I am extremely grateful for these gifts. Amen.

In today's video I play Amazing Grace on my Accordiola Mundinger Diaton III Grand Luxe club accordion. :D

Enjoy! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy