Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just home from work and the first thing I hear is a rousing four-minute arrangement of "St. Louis Blues," as rendered by -- Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians. And you know, it isn't half bad in a Ted Lewisy sort of way.

Now up -- a commercial for New 1942 Anti-Sneeze Rinso, getting your clothes Rinso White and Rinso Bright.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joni Mitchell's "Hejira" covered by Chaka Khan at the moment... I liked it better than the Joni version, actually.
It isn't available, but it's up on Crooks and Liars right now, the Late Night Music Club post of the day.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I'm bouncing around on YouTube tonight. I caught "The Verve-Bittersweet Symphony" and checked out Robert Plant & Alison Krause "Please Read The Letter That I Wrote". Good stuff...

zaika

One Too Many
now i'm listening to an old radio show and old jazz ON my old radio. not sure who's broadcasting it...but it's making me exceedingly happy. lol

ETA: it's this fabulous (and local) show for those locals who may not have known about it. i certainly didn't 'cause i don't listen to much live radio...now i will. :)

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
zaika said:
now i'm listening to an old radio show and old jazz ON my old radio. not sure who's broadcasting it...but it's making me exceedingly happy. lol

ETA: it's this fabulous (and local) show for those locals who may not have known about it. i certainly didn't 'cause i don't listen to much live radio...now i will. :)

KMHD is a great station; I listen to it on the Internet often. I came to know of the station through a full-page ad they took in Classic Style. So this is like the semi-official radio station of The Fedora Lounge!

zaika

One Too Many
Patrick Murtha said:
KMHD is a great station; I listen to it on the Internet often. I came to know of the station through a full-page ad they took in Classic Style. So this is like the semi-official radio station of The Fedora Lounge!

i think that's just fantastic! lol it gives me faith that good radio does exist...hehe

Indiana MarkVII

New in Town
what's on Right Now?

Right now I have a CD from The Merry Wives of Windsor, "Here's to the Men" that I picked up at last years So. California Renaissance Faire. Family-fare warning, though, it's great fun for adults, but carries a Parental Advisory of explicit content.

Viper Man

Banned
I am currently listening to "If You Want Me To Love You" by Chicago blues legend Tampa Red.

41%2BNsYLG0AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo