Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you watching?

houndstoothhat

New in Town
Almost anything on Turner Classic Movies (TCM). They had some great detective movies on last night. The Thin Man (1934) with William Powell and Myrna Loy. I also enjoy watching The Andy Griffith Show very often. I've also become hooked on 24.

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
I have been watching alot on TCM of late, more recently Blossoms in the Dust which had me weeping :eek: I dont usually watch much otherwise, if I do its usually classic horror or biographies

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ABC Family has a pretty good new show called Lincoln Heights. I get that through iTMS.

LadyStardust, how was Perfume!? I want to see that (one of my fave groups did the music).

LD

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I work at an online TV community site, so I have to be up on my TV watching. But there are a lot of good dramas on right now.

According to the TV industry we are in a "golden age of TV drama", but I like the sharp clever comedies that are coming out of NBC right now, like 30 Rock. That Tina Fey rocks!

However, I just refuse to get into American Idol. the music is just too painful to listen to. But it is huge. HUGE!

Jovan

Suspended
007: Thunderball

On a bit of a Bond kink lately. These two disc DVDs are pretty well done, apart from the images of the Walther P99 all over the place... when it's the non-Brosnan ones. :rolleyes: The restoration is top notch.

Unfortunately, the only way I can get just the movies I like is through the local library. I hate the way they're sold. You get classics like Thunderball packaged along with universal duds like Die Another Day. To add insult to injury, they're called "Volumes" despite being out of chronological order. It's more than just a bit of a scam when you can't buy them alone.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hoping to be able to watch "Square Riggers of the 1930's".

My last DVD didn't work, so I let the company know and they sent me another. They said that it was a first so, here's to hoping this one works.:)

There's the footage by Alan Villiers while on the Grace Harwar and Parma, as well as SV Viking, and SS Passat.

Prien:rolleyes:

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
documentary

At the moment,i am watching a documentary on channel 4 called: choice: the bible revolution.it is a long documentary about how the bible came to england,and all the terrors people had to go through,like being burnt at the stake,torture etc.:)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
As broadcast: The Daily Show, The Colbert Report (my favorite). I'm a Project Runway addict when it is on.

On DVD: The Office (US version), Strangers With Candy, Buffy. A friend is trying to get me hooked on Arrested Development, but so far I'm meh on it.

Jovan

Suspended
Am I the only one to find it amusing he was disparaging homosexuals in Full Metal Jacket, and then later marries (and smooches) Jack Black in Saving Silverman? lol

Jovan

Suspended
Diamondback said:
Different genres, different character types. One of the things that makes a good actor is "versatility".

Although Mail Call's more like "educational comedy"...
"Ready to kiss the sky, Mini-Lee?"lol
I know. I was merely commenting on how he goes from a complete macho man to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn