Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

moustache

Practically Family
Ok folks:What are you wearing today that exudes that vintage look??

This is my ensemble today: Wool trousers,dark brown oxfords,brown and grey check Pendleton shirt,dark brown waistcoat and herringbone tweed sportcoat.
Add my Borsalino tweed cap and Hamilton khaki GMT automatic and there you have it!!!

JD in blustery and rainy Vancouver,Wa

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
My new button fly dated 1958 khakis (thanks Mr Bern), tattersall check shirt, vintage tie, brogues, horsehide A2 jacket and B2 winter flying cap.

lindylady

A-List Customer
I'm wearing a wool acqua turtleneck sweater, cream-colored a-line skirt, black loafers, and earrings. I tried to go for the sweater girl look today.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
All you guys sound fantastic. Here's my outfit for today:
Very old Levis 501
BLUE twotone shoes from Bologna
blue shirt w. thin white stripe
and my RAF Battle Dress jacket w. pilotwing
and a burgundy silkscarf.
...I know it sounds strange.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Alas, I'm only old-school on the outside:

black jeans, black lambswool crewneck (both LL Bean), black New Balance walking shoes

seal brown Flight Suits M-422A jacket and light brown tweed B!wear newsboy cap.

I know - black and brown shouldn't work together, but I think it makes a dramatic contrast.

It's very sunny but quite cold today in the northern NYC burbs - it was only in the high 20s when I left for work this morning.

manton

A-List Customer
Three-piece suit made from 15 ounce twill worsted. Not vintage, but woven the old fashioned way. The vest is eight button DB with big wide shawl lapels. Again, not vintage (made this year) but old fashioned. Looks something like the suit on the right:

graysbmx2.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Modern white/ tan striped dress shirt, RRL Hollywood waisted slacks, 1940's tie with fall leaf motif, and 1950's brown shoes! And now I'm off to work!

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I am repro more than vintage...

1930's inspired tea length black & cream plaid skirt, Black peek a boo platform heel - these shoes are dead sexy, I almost swooned when I found them - and a black turtle neck sweater.
Pearl earrings and a bracelet made out of vintage type writer keys - sounds weird but it is very cool.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Camel colored linen pleated pants, a white sweater shirt with navy blue at the neck and sleeve, and an oversized fuzzy off white sweater belted at the waist with a wide safari looking belt. Not vintage, but one of my favorite outfits :)

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Yesterday: Charcoal DB double vented suit, pale yellow shirt, pale yellow pocket square, gray diagonal patterned tie, gray socks, black wingtip shoes.

Today: Black dress slacks, white shirt, gray and black rectangular patterned tie, dark gray plaid DB blazer with white pocket square, black socks, and black cap toe oxfords.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Yup, me too Miss Neceerie:eek: ..it's a day off, and i am doing laundry)ok, theoretically i am doing laundry) In actuallity I am drinking coffee and playing on the computer:p

I am wearing black capri yoga pants, pink beach sandals and a blue cotton tee-shirt with a picture of a grizzly bear on it ,and says "Bear Naked":D

Jay

Practically Family
White shirt, gray slacks, grey checked jacket, maroon tie with a handpainted Palmtree, and cowboy boots. All for my flight home today. Hence the cowboy boots, as my real shoes are at home still, as is my hat(s).

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh, yesterday- forget it! It was all jeans, tees, and flip flops. My whole body still ached from being so tuckered out!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The work uniform...

Tan suit with a Glen Plaid pattern, French Blue French Cuff shirt with yellow and blue cufflinks, bright yellow, orange and French Blue tie from Venice, New Italian shoes, New blue and orange silk scarf with a scroll pattern from Venice and my Burberry overcoat that was a recent gift from a dear friend. :D

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yesterday I wore a gold/brown linen herringbone pencil skirt, a kelly green cardie embellished with peacock appliques, calf high boots, and a silk scarf. Pretty normal everyday wear for me all vintage or VI (vintage inspired).

Today I have a vintage Lane Bryant cardie I just have to try out. So Im off to the neither regions of my closet to mix and match.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB