Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Last night for dinner out and Joe Bonamassa at the Mars Music Hall.

Top down:
40’s Swann Abram’s ‘Kentucky Colonel’ in Clear Nutria.
RLPL 3 button corduroy blazer. Sort of a hacking jacket clone.
RRL cotton brocade lapel vest.
RRL white poplin western shirt with marble snaps.
RRL vintage 5 pocket black jeans.
Bob Wilson boots.
View attachment 599007
Assorted accessories.
View attachment 599038
This is Joe.
View attachment 599039

Joe is a man with great technique. I hope it was a blues concert to remember!

On the WAYWT front-BB, you killed it! If I saw you at the bar I would buy you any drink you wish and give you space. Grand details in your attire and boots. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Eric. -

Looking sharp!

Joe is a man with great technique. I hope it was a blues concert to remember!

On the WAYWT front-BB, you killed it! If I saw you at the bar I would buy you any drink you wish and give you space. Grand details in your attire and boots. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Eric. -
Thank you both , so much. Not often I put it 'all' together or have an occasion to but it was a great night for it and a good time was had by all.

And Eric, yes, Joe was in fine form Monday night and with a fifth row seat, I was able to see details of every guitar he brought on stage and he brought out a lot. As I told some friends, maybe one of the tightest bands behind him that I've seen. Seemingly unselfish, he turned the stage over to his band mates and backup singers several times and they were all great.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Just for my tailor, with whom I had an appointment today, one of the sports blazers that he made. He's never seen any of the blazers, that he's made for me, actually worn.
He liked the co-ordination and was very complimentary about the trousers that Tina had made.

About my appointment, you will have to wait and see.

Green Blazer black trousers 003.JPG

Edward

Bartender
Just for my tailor, with whom I had an appointment today, one of the sports blazers that he made. He's never seen any of the blazers, that he's made for me, actually worn.
He liked the co-ordination and was very complimentary about the trousers that Tina had made.

About my appointment, you will have to wait and see.

View attachment 606392

Always great to see these coming out! I'll be wearing a jacket very similar to this, all being well (and assuming the fit is good when it arrives - bought 'vintage' online), to the Chap Flaneur in May. Similar pattern, though black gold and purple in colour.

View attachment 607101
Hat by former Lounger Esther Weis, John at Fox Tailoring made the blazer, Colin Johnson Shoes made the spectators and Tina the trousers and shirt. The tie, tie pin and cufflinks are probably Christmas or birthday gifts.

Love the cut of this one - so rare to see a striped boating blazer in DB.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Always great to see these coming out! I'll be wearing a jacket very similar to this, all being well (and assuming the fit is good when it arrives - bought 'vintage' online), to the Chap Flaneur in May. Similar pattern, though black gold and purple in colour.
The Chap Flaneur that Edward mentioned is an event like no other, so many times Tina and I have planned to go but circumstances as such, have made it impossible. You must see what all the fuss is about.
GFW-7-992x1024.jpg GFW-6-943x1024.jpg GFW-4-1022x1024.jpg GFW-1024x1019.jpg
grand-flan-24.jpg
The Chap https://thechap.co.uk/ kind of explains it.

The purpose of the Grand Flaneur Walk is not to walk with any intention of arriving at any particular destination. This, in the age of one’s devices buzzing with scheduled appointments and people shouting “Where are you?” into their phones, is more difficult than it sounds. To saunter sans purpose is truly an art, and one at which the chaps and chapettes who regularly attend our Grand Flaneur Walks are past masters.

Hopefully we thought that we might get there this year, but Tina needs surgery and it could well be in May, such is life. Knowing how colourful The Flaneur is, Tina helped me to put together a couple of outfits using the same blazer. Here's our, (mostly Tina's) effort. Will I ever get there?

002.JPG 006.JPG

Edward

Bartender
The Chap Flaneur that Edward mentioned is an event like no other, so many times Tina and I have planned to go but circumstances as such, have made it impossible. You must see what all the fuss is about.
View attachment 607248 View attachment 607249 View attachment 607250 View attachment 607251
View attachment 607247
The Chap https://thechap.co.uk/ kind of explains it.

The purpose of the Grand Flaneur Walk is not to walk with any intention of arriving at any particular destination. This, in the age of one’s devices buzzing with scheduled appointments and people shouting “Where are you?” into their phones, is more difficult than it sounds. To saunter sans purpose is truly an art, and one at which the chaps and chapettes who regularly attend our Grand Flaneur Walks are past masters.

Hopefully we thought that we might get there this year, but Tina needs surgery and it could well be in May, such is life. Knowing how colourful The Flaneur is, Tina helped me to put together a couple of outfits using the same blazer. Here's our, (mostly Tina's) effort. Will I ever get there?

View attachment 607255 View attachment 607256
~

Hopefully one day! Part of the plus of the event is the lack of any need to book anything, so it can be a fairly last minute decision, though appreciate your circumstances probably rule it out either way this year. I hope Tina gets her surgery date asap and it all goes well. Sometimes the uncertainty of waiting for a date can be the hardest bit.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully one day! Part of the plus of the event is the lack of any need to book anything, so it can be a fairly last minute decision, though appreciate your circumstances probably rule it out either way this year. I hope Tina gets her surgery date asap and it all goes well. Sometimes the uncertainty of waiting for a date can be the hardest bit.
Thank you for your sentiment Edward, it's much appreciated.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Black Fedora 001.JPG

Black Fedora 002.JPG

Black has a reputation of being somewhat funereal but when worn with a complimentary outfit, black can be striking. My black & white chequered blazer often gets: "nice jacket," compliments and I have never had any sort of: "going to a funeral?" quips, not that it would bother me, I have a string of retorts ready for anyone who wants a verbal joust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner