Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

harrytemp

One of the Regulars
One thing a lot of you guys are forgetting and that is to polish your shoes.

Before I got into hats I fell in love with oxfords and polishing. A lot of my shoes are super polished and I can see my own mustache in them. I can’t help but stare at everyone’s shoe.

I fell in love with shoes and naturally hats.

Dressed from head to toe is why I love hats and shoes.

You guys look great but where is the love for polishing ?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These At The Front boots are aging beautifully. The rubber is still a bit too stiff but poses no challenge to walking now.

Attachments

• IMG_5302.jpeg
    IMG_5302.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 61

GHT

I'll Lock Up
One thing a lot of you guys are forgetting and that is to polish your shoes.

Before I got into hats I fell in love with oxfords and polishing. A lot of my shoes are super polished and I can see my own mustache in them. I can’t help but stare at everyone’s shoe.

I fell in love with shoes and naturally hats.

Dressed from head to toe is why I love hats and shoes.

You guys look great but where is the love for polishing ?
Some hides just don't have the kind of shine that is beloved of the military, you might not see a shine but having paid a good deal of money for hand made shoes, cleaning them does not get neglected.

Edward

Bartender
Been sporting this coat quite a bit the last week. Picked it up for a small outlay on eBay just before the pandemic, and it sat in the office for about three years. Recently found the time to switch out the original military buttons for a set of civilian ones, and have a damaged sleeve lining repaired. Just the thing for the current, overdue cold snap. Only managed to wear it so far with a cap, but hoping to sport it in Paris on Thursday with a fedora and a suit. We'll see if I get out of the hotel in good time to manage an Eiffel-selfie with this one.
TFL.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Been sporting this coat quite a bit the last week. Picked it up for a small outlay on eBay just before the pandemic, and it sat in the office for about three years. Recently found the time to switch out the original military buttons for a set of civilian ones, and have a damaged sleeve lining repaired. Just the thing for the current, overdue cold snap. Only managed to wear it so far with a cap, but hoping to sport it in Paris on Thursday with a fedora and a suit. We'll see if I get out of the hotel in good time to manage an Eiffel-selfie with this one. View attachment 558239
coat1.jpg
Oh wow Edward, military buttons or not, three years asleep, there again it was lockdown time so you probably didn't have that much opportunity to wear it. Love the Airforce Blue colour and I absolutely love it's full length, just fabulous.

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 558383
Oh wow Edward, military buttons or not, three years asleep, there again it was lockdown time so you probably didn't have that much opportunity to wear it. Love the Airforce Blue colour and I absolutely love it's full length, just fabulous.

Yeah - picked up right before lockdown, and it sat in the office all that time! It's a great blue-grey, not unlike an RAF or Luftwaffe blue-grey. The coat itself is the standard Winter issue for ceremonial duties for the Guards regiments (mine came with Scots Guards buttons, but they're all the same). I have the original buttons in a jar, I'll probably ebay them in due course. The length is the best aspect of it - I have to be a little careful not to tread on it on stairs! Which is fab - men's overcoats these days all seem to stop on or above the knee, which has its place, but I much prefer a coat to hit the bottom of my calf muscles. The swoop to it is marvellous. Only thing that's a pity is the throat latch is velcro, but if I were to start messing about to change that, it'd start to get more expensive than it was worth. Purely an aesthetic preference, though - and the velcro sure is effective in the wind!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I drove Tina to her favourite shop. A place called Fabricland. The ladies there have never seen me wearing any of the many things that Tina has made for me. They went crazy over the art-deco fabric asking to photograph it, and then one of them asked: "Did she make your trousers?" Of course she did. Whilst there Tina bought some fabric.
Black shirt new fabric 003.JPG
The red will become a new suit for herself whilst the blue/grey fabric she will turn into a pair of baggy style trousers for your's truly. Just as we were leaving Tina asked if the lady who took the photo if she would text it to her. Her phone went "ping" as we were driving home. My lady laughed. "What's the joke?" I asked. "They have managed to decapitate you," she replied and then said, "what's with the socks?" I told her that the lady who took the photo liked the black & white combination and squealed with delight when I hoiked up a trouser leg so that she could see one of my socks.
Black shirt new fabric 001.JPG
Black shirt new fabric 002.JPG

Edward

Bartender
20231109_141714.jpg
20231109_135906.jpg
20231109_135906.jpg
20231109_133634.jpg

The coat and a new fedora in front of the Eiffel. And the suit under in the hotel room. Very pleased with this suit. Button placement needs a slight tweak for my barrel shape, but otherwise I like it a lot. Repro by Revival Vintage, their 'Socialite' brand. Will be looking into the brown version in the new year.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 559952 View attachment 559953 View attachment 559953 View attachment 559954

The coat and a new fedora in front of the Eiffel. And the suit under in the hotel room. Very pleased with this suit. Button placement needs a slight tweak for my barrel shape, but otherwise I like it a lot. Repro by Revival Vintage, their 'Socialite' brand. Will be looking into the brown version in the new year.
edward.jpg

Fabulous photo Edward, I am loving everything, right down to your spectacle frames. In particular though, the coat, it's trenchcoat style but has more of a military greatcoat look. And what a location, it's many a moon since I stood there.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Yesterday I drove Tina to her favourite shop. A place called Fabricland. The ladies there have never seen me wearing any of the many things that Tina has made for me. They went crazy over the art-deco fabric asking to photograph it, and then one of them asked: "Did she make your trousers?" Of course she did. Whilst there Tina bought some fabric.
View attachment 559041
The red will become a new suit for herself whilst the blue/grey fabric she will turn into a pair of baggy style trousers for your's truly. Just as we were leaving Tina asked if the lady who took the photo if she would text it to her. Her phone went "ping" as we were driving home. My lady laughed. "What's the joke?" I asked. "They have managed to decapitate you," she replied and then said, "what's with the socks?" I told her that the lady who took the photo liked the black & white combination and squealed with delight when I hoiked up a trouser leg so that she could see one of my socks.
View attachment 559039 View attachment 559040
Some hides just don't have the kind of shine that is beloved of the military, you might not see a shine but having paid a good deal of money for hand made shoes, cleaning them does not get neglected.
My turn wearing our beloved late Queen's coat taught floor polish application atop Kiwi right.

And lad your military trim taper with splendid shirt and fedora align is to be as much envied as admired.
I need throw a stone away and say no more.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
View attachment 561665
Fabulous photo Edward, I am loving everything, right down to your spectacle frames. In particular though, the coat, it's trenchcoat style but has more of a military greatcoat look. And what a location, it's many a moon since I stood there.
Edward, your Guards overcoat down cast topper with suit works winter.

I finally saw Oldman's try at Guinness and he's got nothing on you. You've Smiley down pat. Specs too.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 546714

Me (right) with jive scene dance teacher and DJ the Rev Boogie at a dear, mutual friend's wedding on Saturday night. The bride had specifically requested I wear a kilt, so over the last few months I put together a new outfit. I managed not to take proper photos of my own (dur!) - lovely venue, though, the crypt of the Guildhall in the City of London.
edward.png
How did I miss this? Edward you look amazing. Love it, love it, love it.
Blazers 27 11 2023 009.JPG
Today I had an appointment that I had almost forgotten. I'm just coming out of the grip of a miserable cold, might even have been flu. The green blazer was meant to impress, but Tina suggested that I gave my appointed associate a call. One short sentence with my blocked nasal tone and I wasn't going anywhere, at least not until I feel better and not about to spread my germs to all and sundry.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That blazer in my last post, I shall be wearing to a New Year's Eve Ball. Before that though, Tina has asked that I extend a much appreciated thank you to all the well wishers following her recent heart problem. She's not out of the woods just yet, in the new year she will be seeing a cardiologist and will probably have to take some sort of medication for who knows how long. It's good to know though that she has been given medical permission for us to join our friends to see in the new year. https://www.bournemouthpavilion.co.uk/events/new-years-eve-2023

About that blazer, Tina loves the shade of green and looked for something online. She found this: https://www.plumo.com/products/Mink...MI69b17fu2gwMVe5VQBh2QtgBwEAQYByABEgLa0vD_BwE
Not impressed with the style but did like the colour and the fabric, and with her health improving she felt that she could make her own. She's not lost her touch.
001.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG
The hem at the bottom of the pants isn't finished, something that she will do later today. Hopefully I will get us photographed together tomorrow night, at the venue. The stronger light there will show up the material in the beautiful green that it is instead of the black that my phone depicts it as. My wife has her old spark back, what a fabulous Christmas present that is.

Last night for dinner out and Joe Bonamassa at the Mars Music Hall.

Top down:
40’s Swann Abram’s ‘Kentucky Colonel’ in Clear Nutria.
RLPL 3 button corduroy blazer. Sort of a hacking jacket clone.
RRL cotton brocade lapel vest.
RRL white poplin western shirt with marble snaps.
RRL vintage 5 pocket black jeans.
Bob Wilson boots.
1710277262067.jpeg

Assorted accessories.
1710279515804.png

This is Joe.
1710279612004.png

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Last night for dinner out and Joe Bonamassa at the Mars Music Hall.

Top down:
40’s Swann Abram’s ‘Kentucky Colonel’ in Clear Nutria.
RLPL 3 button corduroy blazer. Sort of a hacking jacket clone.
RRL cotton brocade lapel vest.
RRL white poplin western shirt with marble snaps.
RRL vintage 5 pocket black jeans.
Bob Wilson boots.
View attachment 599007
Assorted accessories.
View attachment 599038
This is Joe.
View attachment 599039

Looking sharp!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member