Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

RedPop4

One Too Many
I have NO Earthly idea what I smoked this weekend. Nothing on Friday or Saturday. Yesterday we had our weekend get-together with our friends that usually results in cigar-smoking among the menfolk.

The first cigar was a bittersweet belicoso that was, sadly, constructed beautifully and smoked that way as well. But tasted, well, not up to the construction. It was a review cigar for Cigar Weekly Blind Review #7, which is a few weeks away from publishing.

The second was in an unmarked zip top bag, exactly like it was sent to me. It was a corona sized cigar, but I have NO idea what the devil it was. As usual, it was quite good, and held an ash well over half its length. Isn't that always the way? No identifying marks, the gifter never marked the bag or sent a note. I still have one.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Maria Mancini De Gaulle (the only French-named anything I allow myself), while waiting for two car thieves to return to their stolen ride. They didn't,but not my fault; my squad windows were rolled up.

Mr. Paladin said:
Busy night tonight. Had a Nino Vasquez Redhead; a sandwich cigar but good flavor and no great loss if you think you may have to toss it quick.

jamespowers, I got a box of 1066s that tasted exactly like you said about a year ago or so. I smoked a few and used the rest to hand out to those irritating goobers at parties who never had a cigar in their lives and suddenly want "one of your strong ones". Amazing how that seems to have cured their desires, leaving me at peace with my cigar!

lol lol lol lol lol Good idea that. ;)

rkwilker

One Too Many
Last night's indulgence was an Indian Tabac (Rocky Patel) Super Fuerte Maduro box pressed toro. This is a great "budget" cigar at about $2.35 a stick. Nice even burn. Good draw. Thick creamy smoke. Nice spicy/peppery finish. Combined with Crown Royal on the rocks....a real winner!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Worked Thanksgiving night so I can have a week off at Christmas. Smoked a San Christobal given to me by one of my guys who is deploying out to Afghanistan for a year. Milder than my usuals but nice.

vonwotan

Practically Family
We each received two Fuente Fuente Opus X Perfecxion A cigars last night and enjoyed one this afternoon after a late lunch. They seem to be richer and smoother tasting that other Opus X's that I have smoked. Before and after firing, the Perfecxion A treated me to all of the aromas that I will forever associate with my father's cigars and the flavors I would expect from a fine cigar. Satiated, with a warm snifter of brandy loosely balanced in a slackening hand this was the perfect end to a picture perfect day.

Cheers!

Kermez

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
Smoked a San Christobal given to me by one of my guys who is deploying out to Afghanistan for a year. Milder than my usuals but nice.

What?!? the hell do you normally smoke?!? I like to consider myself a sophisticated and experienced cigar smoker (started in college in 1987), but I think the SCs are rather fuller bodied!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou