Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Had that Punch London Maduro last night. Quite nice! Good flavor, and I enjoyed the shorter time commitment. Went well with Odell's Double Pilsner and Grand Teton's Sweetgrass APA.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How as the ESG, Tom? I'm tempted by them, but they're pricey for a cigar I don't like.

Tonight for me a VSG Tres Mystique with Oban.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I smoked hands down the best cigar I've ever experienced last night. Actually it was too long for me to even finish. I went to a cigar shop in Thousand Oaks, CA, and was thrilled to see that they even had their own roller in the back. I bought some of his dark wrappers. I don't know what to call them. They look like maduros and are about the thickness of a corona, but much longer. I spent about an hour puffing on a slow burning 2 inches or so, and it was sublime.

imgp7312b.jpg

Last edited:

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
How as the ESG, Tom? I'm tempted by them, but they're pricey for a cigar I don't like.

Tonight for me a VSG Tres Mystique with Oban.

Got it in a Holt's sampler I could not resist. '90-Rated Pure Decadence'' Super Sampler. http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=201754&trail=201277. I enjoyed it but would not go the list price for it. Nice burn, lots of smoke evolving flavors but my burned out buds needed the Mi Amor Belicoso to really get in the groove. :eyebrows:
Tom D.

byronic

One of the Regulars
Lorenzo Meershcaum-lined with Borkum Riff No.8

Got a new Lorenzo bent, meerschaum-lined. First smoke of the day filled with Borkum Riff No.8 Special Mixture. Together with some strong Colombian coffee it kickstarts the morning.
531690_407397219295658_270297435_n.jpg

Last edited:

maduro 5

A-List Customer
This is the same size as the D4? I don't know if I want milder. :p
It is a bigger cigar, 54 gauge, if I am not mistaken. It feels somewhat melow compare to D4 but not by much, it definetely has a Partagas flavour profile. Come to think of it, the larger gauges that came out since Siglo VI are all very smooth compare to classic Robusto sizes. Nice oily wrapper. Definely worth a try.

It is a bigger cigar, 54 gauge, if I am not mistaken. It feels somewhat melow compare to D4 but not by much, it definetely has a Partagas flavour profile. Come to think of it, the larger gauges that came out since Siglo VI are all very smooth compare to classic Robusto sizes. Nice oily wrapper. Definely worth a try.

Ok, a robusto extra then. I'll be on the lookout for them then. They were just introduced in February. It takes time to get in the pipeline; I guess. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails