Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
The Mesut Meerschaum at the top with some Sherlock Holmes Mixture by Peterson's of Dublin.
pipes.jpg

sherlock-holmes2.jpg

You Sir are one classy guy. :)

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
You Sir are one classy guy. :)

Thank you for your kind words. I really enjoyed it too. Might smoke that one again tomorrow, but maybe with some aromatic blend this time. Meerschaum is a very forgiving pipe material.

I notice you hail from the Great White North just like me :D My inlaws are from Winnipeg in fact. Cheers, eh!

DesertDan

One Too Many
I've had a few interesting cigars recently

Garo habano vintage, robusto - very nice, excellent construction and burn and a nice complexity.
Man 'O' War Side Project 52C - Kind of an odd stick, basically a robusto with a chisel head. Excellent construction and burn and a good medium body with complex flavor.
5 Vegas High Primings, double corona - Really liked this one even though I prefer a larger ring guage. Not a very complex flavor, but a good one that developed nicely through the whole stick.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Today something relatively rare 2009 El Rey Del Mundo Balthazar regional series cigar made for Baltic countries: Estonia, Latvia. Lithuania. It is a Robusto Extra 50x6.1 inch. Comes in the box of 10 and supposedly only 1,200 were produced. Good solid cigar.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Has anybody smoked the Marsh Wheeling Cigars? I've been trying to get some to try. The local Wichita Cigar store is aging a few boxes for someone, but aren't selling singles. I found out that there are three versions, a natural wrapper, a Manduro wrapper, and an EMS wrapper. They are wrapped with fire cured Kentucky wrappers. I'm pretty sure that they ain't Cubans... I used to like those old Backwoods Smokes back in College

Later

The ESG was part of a 15 cigar package 3x5. I do agree the VSG is a superior smoke. As for panatellas or what ever the name they want to give to the skinny delights I enjoy high ratio of wrapper to binder and filler.

Ah, that makes sense.

As long as the wrapper is good. :p

Tomight was a Partagas Culebra. Smoked in advance of trying out Tatuaje's new culebra so I can have a comparison point. :D

DesertDan

One Too Many
I picked up a mazo of Alec Bradley robustos, they are seconds and thus unbanded but I think they are their Family Blend.
Whatever they are they are very good and at $2.50 ea I'm going to order a few more mazos before they're gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy