Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Indycop, I generally prefer the natural wrapper to the maduro on any cigar, but I think the maduro P-L is a bit smoother. I also like the maduro El Padrino by Oliveros. Thats what I had tonight; lots of smoke and really mellow. I had aged the box for about a year and it really seemed to improve it.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Indycop, I generally prefer the natural wrapper to the maduro on any cigar, but I think the maduro P-L is a bit smoother. I also like the maduro El Padrino by Oliveros. Thats what I had tonight; lots of smoke and really mellow. I had aged the box for about a year and it really seemed to improve it.
Ah ok, the only maduro wrappers I like are the ones from Brazil.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Fletch said:
Picked up one of those at the grocery (I go to a pretty hip grocery :) ). Nice. Is it me or do they burn kinda fast? I finished one on a 30 min walk. Anyway, I liked it.

Maybe the humidity wasn't right and it was a little dry. IIRC, smoking when moving around outdoors makes it go faster, as well. I think 8-5-8's usually take me between 30-60 minutes, depending on conditions and circumstances.

ET

One of the Regulars
Well as I said in my last story, the snow is on the way. But....it got to almost 60 out today. It'll be a long time before it hits that high again. As those readers of this forum know, I live in Wisconsin. Tomorrow it will snow. If you watch the weather at all, tis already blizzarding in the Dakota's due west of here. I did the old carpe diem thing. (Seized the carp?) By the time I got home from work- only 3 hours late today again, it had dropped off to 41 degrees. Still above freezing. Put on the current hat, a Stetson and the leather jacket with the Thinsulate liner, a pair of gloves and dropped into the rocking chair on what I call the porch and what the wife calls the veranda. Fired up the Puros Indios Especial. Poured the Guinness nice and slow. Great hour of silence. Cigar got better as it got shorter....:fedora:

El Erico

New in Town
Montecristo Joytas

Bought a little box in Mexico of this nice tasting cigar. It is well made and has some great flavors. Overall it is good.

Excelente!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
I have a few stogies that I've been saving for a special occasion, so tonight my new friends and I each had a pre-embargo 1962 Camacho (6 x 48 with an unfinished foot). Cuban filler aged 46 years with a vintage 1999 Jamastran Corojo wrapper from one of the first Corojo crops grown outside of Cuba. Full flavor, medium body, a wonderful, smooth smoke. They really don't come much better than this.

Proof positive that the only thing better than a great cigar is a great cigar shared with friends.

DSC04298-CROP.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Slim, that was an extraordinary cigar and a rare pleasure. Thank you again for sharing it.

It was topped only by the company and wonderful conversation. I'm so glad I got to meet you!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
scotrace said:
Slim, that was an extraordinary cigar and a rare pleasure. Thank you again for sharing it.

It was topped only by the company and wonderful conversation. I'm so glad I got to meet you!
Thank you, my friend. I was so busy flapping my gums that I was half-way through the cigar before I realised how good it was.

I was up at 5am today for work and by 5pm I could barely keep my eyes open. Definitely worth it. I didn't ask, but how were your drinks at Casa Fuente? The french press coffee was wonderful, especially with the added Kahlúa.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Today I enjoyed an Hoyo De Monterrey - my favorite stick. Comparable to Ashtons, in my opinion, but significanlty le$$. :)

One of my local shops found an assortment of Hoyo Del Artes in his humidor room. They stopped making them about 2 and a half years ago and I finally gave up looking. So of course when I stopped back in he only had about half a box each of all three varieties at $2.50 a piece just to make some room. Oooooooooo yeah, made my month real special.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
St.Ignatz said:
One of my local shops found an assortment of Hoyo Del Artes in his humidor room. They stopped making them about 2 and a half years ago and I finally gave up looking. So of course when I stopped back in he only had about half a box each of all three varieties at $2.50 a piece just to make some room. Oooooooooo yeah, made my month real special.

Awww, that's very cool. Enjoy!!

Today I had an Onyx with a good coffee, great weather and a few pages from a book about Winston Churchill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot