Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Indycop, I think the Rocky Patel Sun Grown is considerably heavier than the Cuesta Rey. Lots of leather and good stout tobacco flavor in the RP. The Cuesta seems a bit more refined but milder in flavor, to my taste.

We used to have OICs (Officer in Charge) in the '80s; much the same as your PICs. A new chief in the early '90s came along and decided to do away with that system and have more Sgts. Its ok by me, I'm 1st in seniority out of 38 Sgts. but I think the system worked better with OICs because it was a great training base for new sgts. Good luck with the school. I worked at another PD nights, and attended university daytime 1974-1978 and it was tough but worthwhile. We worked 10 hr. shifts at that place and sleep was at a premium. Take care and duck when appropriate!

Last night (0230) I had a Diamond Crown Maximus in my unit because there was no time for breaks. Against the rules to smoke in the units but no one (who is up at that time of the night) seems to mind....

The DCM is a good smoke but really overpriced I think.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
Last night (0230) I had a Diamond Crown Maximus in my unit because there was no time for breaks. Against the rules to smoke in the units but no one (who is up at that time of the night) seems to mind....

The DCM is a good smoke but really overpriced I think.

Good cigar. Out of curiosity, if you don't mind answering either of these: What size was it? What do you consider "overpriced" / how much did it set you back?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Indycop, I think the Rocky Patel Sun Grown is considerably heavier than the Cuesta Rey. Lots of leather and good stout tobacco flavor in the RP. The Cuesta seems a bit more refined but milder in flavor, to my taste.
Ah ok. I will have to try one.
As for work it looks to be getting worse soon. The Chief is leaving Dec.1 So who knows what will go on. I fear my not shaving days are almost over...:mad: :eusa_doh:

Tonight I had a 5 Vegas Gold and Dee had a Fumidores.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kermez, the DCM was a robusto size from a local shop. It was $9.50 for the stick. I guess I think they are overpriced because there are other cigars I like as well or better at 50-60 % of the price. I have to say I get most of my cigars by the box from JR, Payless, or CI and that reduces the $$$ considerably. My favorite all time non-ISOM cigar is the Don Lino Africa. Great flavor, consistent and slow burn; in an area retail shop a robusto size is about $6.00 and even less ($4.50) last time I bought on the Internet, and that was a box of belicosos.

Indycop, change is always unsettling. I've worked through seven chiefs. Two were improvements; the other five--well...

Good luck!

Kermez

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
Kermez, the DCM was a robusto size from a local shop. It was $9.50 for the stick.

Yeah, that sounds about right. That's why I go with the Churchill or Double Corona - they're only a few bucks more and quite a bit bigger.

Please note I don't smoke them all the time, maybe one every month or two, as a treat.

donCarlos

Practically Family
I don´t know, if it´s appropriate for this topic, but I´m happy, cause I´ve just bought my first pipe and "dark cherry blend" tobacco... And I have to say, even though I can´t really smoke it yet, I love it!

n1390515200_265225_5908.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy