Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

To celebrate National Beer Day with friends I had probably the best IPA I have ever had. It was Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA on tap. Has a ABV of 9% but it hides it will. They also have a 60 Minute IPA (available in cans last night) but I didn't try it.

To celebrate National Beer Day with friends I had probably the best IPA I have ever had. It was Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA on tap. Has a ABV of 9% but it hides it will. They also have a 60 Minute IPA (available in cans last night) but I didn't try it.

I'll have to look for it, Jack. They've just started AL distribution.

I sampled their coffee Stout which they call Beer For Breakfast & it was excellent. They also had a Sour with lemon which I did not try. Don't recall what the name was.

Super Girl Friend uses this "breakfast" Stout"

To make this insanely tasty chocolate stout layer cake:

I have snuck in a taste of the stout beer when she's been making the cake - not really beer like, but an interesting taste.

Haven't had any in years either, Dale. Do they still come with the cantilever ceramic stoppers?
These were just in regular bottles, although I have seen the ones with the ceramic stoppers in the grocery store. A two pack usually costs what a six pack of something else does, which is probably why I haven't had it in years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Recipe please. :)

It's from the "Ovenly" cookbook by Agatha Kulaga and Erin Patinkin:

The recipe (the scribbled note is just the baking soda in tsp, 2.25tsp = .75tbs):

The salted caramel icing recipe:

The buttercream base recipe:

And one final picture of the cake from the book:

Enjoy. If you have any question, please ask, as SFG has made it several times and would be glad to help.

Last edited:

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Had to kill stress last night, so I had another glass of old grandad bonded with a cigar. On ice, this time. I prefer it neat...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have snuck in a taste of the stout beer when she's been making the cake - not really beer like, but an interesting taste.
It's not supposed to be "hoppy tasting" if that's what you mean by not tasting "beer like".

I love cake and have eaten many, many, many layer cakes and this is one of my all-time favorites.
I'm a pie guy myself but can't remember when I last had any desert. If you come up with a coffee Stout, Imperial Stout, Russian Stout, or German Bock pie recipe, let me know.

...I'm a pie guy myself but can't remember when I last had any desert. If you come up with a coffee Stout, Imperial Stout, Russian Stout, or German Bock pie recipe, let me know.

SGF came across these chocolate stout pie recipes - haven't tried them ourselves, but thought you'd might like them:

http://rcakewalk.blogspot.com/2010/03/guinness-oatmeal-stout-pie-and-in-which.html

http://thebeeroness.com/2013/10/08/mile-high-chocolate-stout-pie/

If you do try one, please let us know how it turns out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo