Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Testing this one from 1944, for Tales of the Cocktail.

I tried one variation with Peychauds bitters, it turned out quite nice.

HerbsaintNewOrleansCocktailcopy.jpg

CaptainB

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Ah yes. A nice creamy Speyside. Not at all harsh. Good choice. Now try the Lagavulin and see a huge difference. ;) :D
Then again you do drink The Frog. :p

I really likes this one, nearly honey-like and smooth - the perfect sipping-whisky.

Lagavulin is one of my favorites too. There's already a bottle of the 12y. cask strength waiting... I think this will be nice also :cool2:

CaptainB said:
I really likes this one, nearly honey-like and smooth - the perfect sipping-whisky.

Lagavulin is one of my favorites too. There's already a bottle of the 12y. cask strength waiting... I think this will be nice also :cool2:

Lagavulin is like the total antithesis of Cragganmore. lol lol lol
I had a friend over and stiffed him with Lagavulin and he sure didn't come back for more. lol lol lol lol I have a bottle around still for the real Scotch devotees that come around. :D

Absinthe_1900 said:
It's not bad, Vermouth is long been consumed as a stand alone aperitif.

If you have access to a liquor store that carries Carpano Antica sweet Vermouth, give that one a try.

Sweet Vermouth or any Vermouth for that matter just tastes too much like medicine to me. [huh] Vermouth by itself as an aperitif has to replaced by port or even a madeira for me---a Vinho Verde from Minho at the worst. :D

Moby

Familiar Face
Aaaah! It was "Strega" for me. My Italian Grandpa gave me a taste of "Strega" when I was 5 years old and have loved it ever since. Strong, fiery with a hint of gasoline! Great straight or over ice. It'll make a man out of you.

rkwilker

One Too Many
Broke a tooth (molar) while eating a sandwich for lunch. Required a root canal and a crown. After two hours in the chair at my dentist I crawled home. When I could feel my mouth again I relaxed with a nice cigar and some Jefferson's Reserve on the rocks. St. Patrick is clearly not the patron saint of good teeth. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo