Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeps said:
I had my first gin and tonic, and while it was good, it was not at all what I was expecting.
It was rather sweet, and I know that that was not the tonic doing that, as I tasted the gin before adding the tonic. That really surprised me a lot.
Maybe it was the ingredients (Gordon's Dry Gin, and Seagrams Tonic), but it was almost like soda. I really liked the other flavors, which were a wonderful mix of various bitter and tart tastes, but it was a little too sweet for me.
Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Assuming you made the drink yourself, that's very odd. Gin isn't sweet, tonic isn't sweet, it's got a kind of sour metallic taste, and the lime well, you're have a lime before. It's supposed to be sour and tart though.

If a bartender made if for you, maybe you got rum and tonic, or he dumped a bit of sugar in it. [huh]

The only cure is to drink a few more of them as a test... Gin and Tonic's don't have as forceful flavor as say a Mojito, or a Single Malt Scotch, maybe it just wasn't as tart and sour as you EXPECTED?

Later

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Perfect Red with almost a "Toffee" aftertaste!"

md_58330_288ff29ec5a2b6131e4c52bcb801d0f8.jpg

D-503

Familiar Face
A martini: 1 part Beefeater, 1 part Noilly, a dash of orange bitters, and a twist.

Not noteworthy otherwise but I'm drinking it out of my "new" cocktail glass(es) I picked up at the antiques store. I already broke one, but I've still got four left!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A couple of cottage country ales - Muskoka Brewery's Dark Ale and the Kawartha Lakes Brewery's Nut Brown ale. Both very tasty, amber dark ales but refreshing as well. Perfect on a sweltering day, even better in the evening on the verandah.....

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The past couple of nights, Old Fashioneds, practicing for the second annual It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World get-together; we enjoy the Old Fashioneds at the intermission, in homage to Tyler Fitzgerald.

Made a cosmopolitan for Mrs. H, who liked it, but drank only about half.

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
Ethan Bentley said:
Chambord :p barely better than Campari
How can you even compare the two? Chambord is nearly berry syrup, and Campari is nearly....uhm....vomit? To each their own, I guess.

Last night was Bushmills, neat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo