Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Thanks. Small world. My mom went to Oxford High School and I still have relatives there and in Anniston. I was born at Ft. McClellan. I'll be checking the ABC stores here.
That's right, I think you mentioned that once! Born and raised here in Calhoun county, myself. Love it here, other than the lack of truly great tobacco and liquor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
I must tender my observation that a martini is gin and vermouth, amended in proportions to suit one's taste. Yes, the martini swirling about the fun of Nick and Nora was not identical to the original martini recipe, but that nearly perfect three-to-one ratio of your favorite gin to your favorite vermouth epitomizes, in my decidedly biased opinion, what is a martini.

Have to find some of that, if for no other reason than it bears my last name.
I'm tempted to import a case of this to hand out to my friends.

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0841.PNG

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Off to the mountains with some old college buddies this weekend. And since vodka martinis are favorite in this crowd, I'm sure there'll be more than a few downed. We mix our own with crushed ice in a shaker. However I think sometime before Sunday rolls around I'll try to slip in a little gin and see what happens. :cool: I'll let y'all know. :p
As promised... I did slip in a little gin (real) martinis to some. To say the least it wasn't well received. Guess this crowd just no class and ain't no kinda purist. But hey I already knew that. LOL! :D

Blue Raspberry Svedka w/lemon slice and Lemon Lacroix. Not a huge fan of flavored vodkas but this was OK...If I'm drinking flavored I prefer Grey goose Cherry noir or a buffalo grass vodka.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner