Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond Bourbon ... with Ginger Snaps.

Ginger snaps have a very earthy flavor that I can see working well with bourbon. Never thought of it, but I can see those two flavors playing off each other in a good way. Ginger snaps feel like a real throwback food / a cookie out of the 1900s - something your great grandmother would understand. While sweet, they are not cloying like most package cookies are today and they have a touch of a bite. Heck, now I've talked myself into wanting to try them with bourbon.

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
I just saw a few folks talking about Bombay sapphire, any other gins I should look into? No one I know cares for gin, so I'm a bit lost. I just started with Seagrams, because I didn't know if I'd like gin at all. I seem to like it, but would like something with a bit more flavor. Seagrams was a bit overwhelmed by vermouth, and I wouldn't mind something flavorful enough to drink on the rocks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just saw a few folks talking about Bombay sapphire, any other gins I should look into? No one I know cares for gin, so I'm a bit lost. I just started with Seagrams, because I didn't know if I'd like gin at all. I seem to like it, but would like something with a bit more flavor. Seagrams was a bit overwhelmed by vermouth, and I wouldn't mind something flavorful enough to drink on the rocks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I like Bombay Sapphire (as stated above), Deaths Door, Green Hat, And Junipero. I have heard a lot of people like Hendricks, but I find it doesn't agree with me.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Ginger snaps have a very earthy flavor that I can see working well with bourbon.
Never thought of it, but I can see those two flavors playing off each other in a good way. Ginger snaps feel like a real throwback food / a cookie out of the 1900s -...
Heck, now I've talked myself into wanting to try them with bourbon.

Now that you mention this, Bulleit is distilled from Kentucky limestone water for a distinctive taste; though my plebeian palate is easily satiated,
ginger snaps that dovetail hot java can ditto bourbon. One size fits all.:)

Enjoying the last of Granite City's Gold Fever Strong Belgian Ale, a seasonal favorite of mine. Next wk they will be tapping a Pilsner, nothing special to me.

Ever see such a pretty picture?

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

I haven't had a beer in 4 weeks. Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of vodka it's it's absence. One that I particularly like, this Buffalo Grass, with sparkling water and a slice of lime. The vodka has a super earthy flavor. I really like it!
zubrowka_bison_grass_vodka__59398.1511834141.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner