Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

dnjan

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Who would schedule Beer School on a school night? :eusa_doh:

And there should be only one type of beer per class. I graduated from The Map Room with a degree in IPA. :p
And who wants to go to school on a weekend?

This was Beer 101.
102 is advertised as pale ales and IPA's, and 103 is advertised as the less-typical German beers.

dnjan

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
Over the course of the afternoon and evening I sipped on:
2010 Bigfoot Barley Wine
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Stone IPA
Sam Adams Cream Stout
How did the Pale Ale and IPA do, following the Barley wine? Or is that barley wine a bit hoppier (haven't had the bigfoot myself yet)

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
widmer-hefeweizen-bottle-glass-21.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
Ripasso, Secco Bertanni 2006

Amarones are a bit out of my price range, but this Ripasso gave a good amount of flavour at only $18 a bottle.

Any other Ripasso suggestions I should look for?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BinkieBaumont said:
"Mocktail" consisting of diet Lemon lime and Bitters with a dash of Brandy flavoured food essence, surprisingly good, but you don't get Squiffy, I'm on a 12 week Health challenge at work"

I do like a mocktail now and again, and during a 5 month nondrinking stint (which I broke with MK, Brooksie, and some other Fedora Loungers in early 2007!) I was drinking quite a few mocktails. I don't know where to get brandy flavored food essence, though.

My favorite mocktail by far was the virgin bloody mary. You could NOT tell the difference and it was terribly refreshing. Bartenders didn't stare at me too hard.

During the nondrinking stint I was once in a bar with some mates and ordered a coca cola. A (horrible-looking) creep at the bar laughed derisively at me when I ordered it. It could have become an ugly scene quite easily, but one of my sunnier mates smiled big at the guy and said "Well, he just became a father, so he's laying off," which was precisely true. The guy's derisive smile became underisive and quite friendly, understanding, and appreciative: crisis over.

rmrdaddy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton_Honey
The sun is back out in the desert, so Cuba Libre for me last night and tonight as well. Limes are in season and perfect right now. Making mine with Bacardi Gold, since I can't get Havana Club here. But it's working for me just fine

How far from the border with Mexico are you Honey??

Approximately 5 hours drive according to google maps. I've not been that far south yet...

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Doran said:
I do like a mocktail now and again, and during a 5 month nondrinking stint (which I broke with MK, Brooksie, and some other Fedora Loungers in early 2007!) I was drinking quite a few mocktails. I don't know where to get brandy flavored food essence, though.

36570235.jpg

"This is the stuff $1.50 for a 50ml bottle will last months, you can add it to custards, cakes and Trifles"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner