Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do for Living?

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
This thread was started in 2005. I am sure many have changed jobs or had them changed by now. Would be interesting to know.
Amazing sometimes how many changes can happen in 5 years. I don't even recognize my own life lately.

Well my life has changed since I last posted. I am no longer a carer to the boys Deri, Tobi, Charlie, Kyan and Ryan as they are now settled at home, though I do still have Daniel once or twice a week, my father now lives independantly in a supported living flat and I've had another baby; Katy :D

Michael Carter

One of the Regulars
I'm a sales manager and jack-of-all-trades fix it man.

I'm going to start charging my company IT rates for house calls and union wages for electrical repairs.

Xavier_Godshore

Familiar Face
I work in animation ~ and luckily enough it's the old~fashioned hand drawn 2D stuff. By some real fancy high-falootin' artists' too. (We had a background painter that worked on Cinderella even) Granted we digitize it and it eventually is all done in a computer here but at least it starts out and is drawn by hand.

www.theopresents.com

Carnage

One of the Regulars
No, customs. Wish it was psni as I'd be due a huge retirement pay-out by now! ;)

Ah I have a former NI cuzzie on one of my teams and he is always moaning how good the Psni get it compared to poor civil serpents.

Juliet

A-List Customer
I'm a research scientist in a privately-owned R+D company (and proud co-owner, lol ), currently juggling two research directions.
Also doing some translation work on the side.

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
I've owned my own small business for a lot of years now

http://www.InSightsTraining.com

and work for the DoD in Iraq doing some fun stuff.
I wondered why you had a difficult time being in the country for the hunting season, busy world traveler!
Custom cabinetry for 12 years with my own shop of 9 men for the last 10 years. Mostly commercial work, medical and bank jobs.
But...on the side I make Victorian Rocking Horses. I love working with the wood, the warmth and smell of it.
MedHorse_1024.jpg

SmallHorse_1024.jpg

stunning_head.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot