Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you guys think of this?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Well, it is more than I would pay for a suit that I would never wear. I have a very similar style suit which is also from the seventies, fits me beautifully, and is all in all very nice. I paid $7.50 for it, and rather regret it. Flared pants are kind of a deal breaker. It is hard to look good in flared pants. Just ask Roger Moore.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Wow. I'm not the one to be answering your question, but I must say, those are nice finds. And in such a rare size! I can hardly ever find anything in a 36, even in modern jackets!

Yeps

Call Me a Cab

Yeps

Call Me a Cab

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Well, it is more than I would pay for a suit that I would never wear. I have a very similar style suit which is also from the seventies, fits me beautifully, and is all in all very nice. I paid $7.50 for it, and rather regret it. Flared pants are kind of a deal breaker. It is hard to look good in flared pants. Just ask Roger Moore.

Just shows you how styles change Yeps. Those of us who are old enough to have been in our late teens/early 20s in the 70s can remember when flared pants were the ultimate in fashion. The big discussion back then was how much flare was just right.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Flared trousers can be straightened out by any competent tailor for a nominal fee.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Now that is something I would wear. Very nice, although the seller says they aren't sure if it's 100 percent wool, and lists it as that in the materials.

Edward

Bartender
Flared trousers can be straightened out by any competent tailor for a nominal fee.

True. The only thing to be careful of then is how neat they are through the thigh. A lot of Seventies flares I've seen were very tight in the seat and thigh, so to convert them to a straight leg you end up with something very akin to a *tight* fitting mod suit. Fine if that's what you want, though it does mean the trousers look a little incongruous with the wide lapels to my eye. There are Seventies suits about, though (I have one somewhere) that did indeed have straight leg trousers that were quite wide, and they can be a nice find at the right price. The one in the OP seems a bit pricey to me for something of limited appeal and in that size (can't be too many people these days that do fit it), so I would have thought it should be cheaper. I'm not up on the Seventies stuff, though - could be it's starting to develop a following of its own ('my' Seventies is all bondage trousers and punk rock, so). [huh]

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Did any of you get the Cricketeer? My internet went down in the last 4 minutes of it. I'll be happy if it goes to a lounger.

rcfko

Familiar Face
I didn't bid on it because I can't afford the accessories I needed if I ended up winning. I will have to spend money on getting new shoes and a lighter coloured hat. I had it on my watch list on ebay. I noticed someone bid on it 10 seconds before the auction ended. I hope it's by one of the lounger also.

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
I would also have had to get new accessories for it, but it's about time for a new hat and shoes. You know, you never think that things like your internet going out in the last second would happen, but it does!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner