Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Chascomm said:
There are some really nice lids on today :)

Here's my humble offering. A circa 1950 Australian-made Royal Stetson Resort given to me many years ago by my grandfather.

Resort_side.jpg

It's really worn out so I'm planning to retire it next week when my Fed IV arrives, but right now I'm enjoying it as it is.

WHat a classic, Sir:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chascomm said:
Here's my humble offering. A circa 1950 Australian-made Royal Stetson Resort given to me many years ago by my grandfather.

Resort_side.jpg

Hats passed down like that never lose their appeal, do they? Well done.

BobC

Yesterday's hat and most likely today's as well. This is a vintage Stetson Cuenca brisa weave panama refurbished and restyled by Tom Gomez. The loose weave is excellent for warm weather. It lets air flow through freely, keeping my exposed scalp nice and cool. Thanks, Tom. I'm looking forward to the next one.

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Bob, you are winning me over with the striped ribbons. This one especially.:eusa_clap

I nominate BobC as first "Exalted Emperor" of the Striped Ribbon Society. :D

BTW, Bob, what's the sweat markings on that Panama - Premier, Medalist, ?

BobC

CRH said:
I nominate BobC as first "Exalted Emperor" of the Striped Ribbon Society. :D

BTW, Bob, what's the sweat markings on that Panama - Premier, Medalist, ?

No sweat markings. Tom completely striped the hat and replaced everything. It has a circular sticker in the crown that says only Stetson.

BobC

Today, another Panama blocked by Tom Gomez with another striped ribbon. This one is a montecristi from Panama Bob that Tom and I designed together. He's working on another brisa for me that will be more western flavored with a leather band. I'm anxious to see how that one turns out, but I expect it to be very nice.

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

BobC

Scott Wood said:
Started doing my jobs for the day in my beloved Resistol:
100_0475.jpg

Will have to go to straw or Panama when I go out later :D

That one looks good, Scott. I like the green ribbon with the rusty colored felt, and you wear it well.

RBH

Bartender
Chascomm said:
There are some really nice lids on today :)

Resort_side.jpg

It's really worn out so I'm planning to retire it next week when my Fed IV arrives, but right now I'm enjoying it as it is.

That hat looks great on you... save up and get on of the custom hatters here to make you one just like it.
:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace