Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck

Practically Family
indycop said:
Today for Church the "Phoenix" reborn by Mike Moore.;) Thanks again Mike!!!

PB230168.jpg

I still can't get over how good this hat looks. :eusa_clap Mike is truly a magician :eek: :eek:
The change from a lump of gray fur, which resembled a road kill possum, to this majestic lid is just amazing. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
You're no road kill, but you do make one sturdy hat stand there Indy. And you're wearing all three very well in your pix.

You must've gotten a kick outta' seeing that 'hat band'. St. Augustine is a great place!

majormoore

Vendor
The hat looks great on you with the suit you have on, it really looks good and I do like the brim width.

Major Moore

Duck said:
I still can't get over how good this hat looks. :eusa_clap Mike is truly a magician :eek: :eek:
The change from a lump of gray fur, which resembled a road kill possum, to this majestic lid is just amazing. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I think the best description of what he had to work with is when you take a chamois and wring it out, leave it wadded up until it dries and then in the bed of a pickup for a couple of weeks. That is how it looked when he got it. I showed it to him to let the guys see how bad the felt was and Mike decided to tackle Mt. Everest and made a hat!:eusa_clap

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
After Church today, Freshly sanded Black FedIII.

PB230173.jpg
I dig that black Fed IC...I don't think I've seen it on you before. I also like the name you've given the gray lump!...The Phoenix....It looks great...and that looks like fun in St. Augustine also!...Where was that?...On St George?:eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
I dig that black Fed IC...I don't think I've seen it on you before. I also like the name you've given the gray lump!...The Phoenix....It looks great...and that looks like fun in St. Augustine also!...Where was that?...On St George?:eusa_clap
Yep at the end of St. George street in front of the church where the tree is.:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
That is such a cool area....Hey did you take pics of the hat store down there?
No I went in there and they act like you don't know anything about hats even though I was wearing my VS.:mad: They wanted $250-$300 for the same montecristi hat that Panama Bob has for no more than $100, and $200 for a Borso straw that Bencraft has for almost half that!

Hey, another upstate New Yorker. I'm currently in the rochester area. How did you like your experience from The Buffalo shop? I've met Dave Brown here in rochester a couple of times, he's a very interesting guy, but I just can't justify that much money for a hat right now.

Have you ever felt that you were the only one in the whole town who wears a hat? since I've moved up here, I've only seen two outback hats but no one else in fedoras. I know I was part of an elite crowd, but I didn't realize it was that elite.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Geez, I leave for two days and everyone shows up in Sunday best! Indy, RBH, handlebar bart, Craig Robertson, and a half-dozen others I missed. Great hats all, but I gotta say; I love that one on Bart, it is sharp!

Ready for the Dallas Opera on Saturday night: my grey Selentino Alpha homburg.

OperaNight112208007.jpg

Riot Earp

Familiar Face
RobFedoraField,

I am in Rochester also. This is a baseball cap town, unfortunately. I wear my Outback hat (that I've curled, cowboy style) once in a while, and I always get looks and/or comments. A guy here at work wears a Fedora sometimes, but I don't think I've ever seen another one. I just wear what I want. I'm 47 and don't care what people think anymore.

I had Dave Brown reshape two felt hats for me. He stuck large safety pins through both sweatbands. The pins left large holes. I was not pleased and have avoided him since then.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Paladin said:
Geez, I leave for two days and everyone shows up in Sunday best! Indy, RBH, handlebar bart, Craig Robertson, and a half-dozen others I missed. Great hats all, but I gotta say; I love that one on Bart, it is sharp!

Ready for the Dallas Opera on Saturday night: my grey Selentino Alpha homburg.

OperaNight112208007.jpg

Your homburg looks great with the suit, Mr. P, but that sure isn't a western.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn