Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
howard_hughes_1947.jpg

me2cj8.png

Melton today. I love the wide binding

Hello,

Below is a Jaxon Bogart with a narrower silver-pewter ribbon instead the original black. The hat was tight so it's still noticeably rough from my first-time stretch, and the brim isn't quite right yet...any suggestions are most welcome. Still, I wore it out today with a gray trenchcoat and got a compliment from an older lady - I returned the compliment on her hat - and a smile from another. All I need now is a light brown/tan one and I'm set....a bluish one would be nice, too, but what I want seems very hard to locate and out of my price range when I do. :( Anyway...

fed.jpg

bw.jpg

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Flatch, you might check out the Akubra Campdraft in taupe fawn or the standard Federation IV in tawny fawn for the light brown you're looking for. Hats Direct has great pricing right now. Plenty of threads here on both hats also.

Chuck Bobuck said:
Flatch, you might check out the Akubra Campdraft in taupe fawn or the standard Federation IV in tawny fawn for the light brown you're looking for. Hats Direct has great pricing right now. Plenty of threads here on both hats also.

Chuck, thanks, I did consider those - they're sharp and have a good rep herebouts, along with the Stylemaster. But after looking around a bit, Miller Hat's "Baldwin" in camel is the the one I'll start saving pennies for (assuming its color in real life is what you see in the pic...isn't always so I've learned). Then again, I live about an hour N of the vintage hat shop in Cincinnati, so the wife suggested we take a ride down there some weekend just to look around...from the pics in the thread about the shop there's no telling what coolness he has there.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Flatch said:
Chuck, thanks, I did consider those - they're sharp and have a good rep herebouts, along with the Stylemaster. But after looking around a bit, Miller Hat's "Baldwin" in camel is the the one I'll start saving pennies for (assuming its color in real life is what you see in the pic...isn't always so I've learned). Then again, I live about an hour N of the vintage hat shop in Cincinnati, so the wife suggested we take a ride down there some weekend just to look around...from the pics in the thread about the shop there's no telling what coolness he has there.

I've had to clean drool from my keyboard a few times while crusing the Miller Hats site. That looks pretty sharp.

tracyam

One of the Regulars
Then again, I live about an hour N of the vintage hat shop in Cincinnati

You mean I worked 20 minutes from Cincinnati for two months and never knew there was a vintage hat shop? :( :eusa_doh: I'm home now. Too late.
I went to Batsakes and bought a Borsalino cap and fedora. That was the only hat shop I found in or around Cincy. Where was the vintage one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic