Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see old and new faces and so many handsome hats. :eusa_clap David, I will miss the chance to share a summer cold one in NH. Do they have good beer in Texas?

I've donned a Santa hat today.

122314.jpg

Hey, Jeff; Sweet lid, sir, and well presented! Good to see you!!

Daniele what a fantastic find that one is!! Beautiful color, nicely broad brim.

Alan that certainly IS an upgrade for Santa. WOw-za! And the latkes...?

GregNYC

One Too Many
Michael, that last picture is great - looks like you were born in TX! I was going out for BBQ one evening and wanted to wear my silverbelly Stratoliner to the restaurant. I changed my mind and wore something else at the last second. I didn't want anyone to get any BBQ sauce on the hat!

David, I don't remember that Stetson 25. Are you really thinking of moving to Texas?

S4C, what a great Caribou Stetson. Loving the color!

Hatophile, outstanding ensembles today. More caribou! That vest rocks!!!

Daniele, that Carlton A. Meer suits you really well. I like the rich color, the straighter crown and the wider brim. One of my favorites of yours!

Alan, that Santa hat - is there some detailing at the back we're missing, like where it morphs into the red stocking cap? ;-)

Joao, I must say that even though I don't often wear wide brims or Westerns, my favorites of your are almost all the larger-proportioned hats. I grew up wearing Western hats each summer on my grandparents' ranch. My grandpa never left the house without a Western hat on his head! But in high school and college I was a surfer dude, and later I was a hatless urban dude. So I've always respected the way you totally pull off the big Westerns! And today you have some very good company!

Charlie, nice Santa shirt. That Knox looks so crisp!!

Luftwaffles, nice look there! I like the old-time movie crease!

Eric, thanks for your really nice holiday greeting. I truly appreciate it - and I appreciate the great pictures and inspiration in this thread and the rest of the Hats forum!

My apologies if I missed anyone. It's not always easy to see everything on an iPhone!

You're no Grinch Alan, great hat.

I'm a total grinch, compared to the super gifters in my family. But I try.

I think if it weren't for the dress code, Santa would have chosen a Stetson clear nutria. Charlie, the latkes were a success. Nothing left this morning, except for the smell of miracles throughout the house. :)

latkes.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Just in the office for a while this morning, with my Western Stetson 25. When we move to Texas next year, you can be sure this is one hat that will be coming along!
Nice 25!

Joao, you're giving Alan a run for his money!
I'm no competition to Alan, but thank you :)

Joao the silver Stagecoach is another fantastic hat. The square bash is the balls! Square balls, though. Fantastic!
Thank you! I also like this bash.

Joao, two awesome ones! I like the brown one a lot.
That brown hat was the one that made me like brown hats. :)

Joao, I must say that even though I don't often wear wide brims or Westerns, my favorites of your are almost all the larger-proportioned hats. I grew up wearing Western hats each summer on my grandparents' ranch. My grandpa never left the house without a Western hat on his head! But in high school and college I was a surfer dude, and later I was a hatless urban dude. So I've always respected the way you totally pull off the big Westerns! And today you have some very good company!
Thank you! Only my grandpa wore a hat that I remember and was a green fedora. I believe my mother still have my grandpa's hat but it's too small for me (I have tried it once).
I only started to wear a hat (always a western) 10 years ago and never stopped.

I think if it weren't for the dress code, Santa would have chosen a Stetson clear nutria. Charlie, the latkes were a success. Nothing left this morning, except for the smell of miracles throughout the house. :)[/IMG]
I also would choose a Clear Nutria, a big one.
What are those latkes? I see they are fried.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hatto, Charlie, Harv, GD, Greg - yep, we plan to be heading west in 2 or 3 months, if all goes well.

I've been spending quite a bit of time at our Ft Worth corporate office of late and I'm looking foward to making the move. It is going to be more difficult for my wife since she's from New England, but she's already visited Texas with me and has new friends in the company to help her out.

Alan, good job we got to have that one beer together - I have a feeling it will happen again somewhere though. I thought of you a few weeks back, I wondered past the National Weather Service facility in Ft Worth and they have a nice looking little observatory among their buildings.

No problem with the beer - there are several local craft breweries, including one located between downtown and the stockyards that opened just last week: http://pantherislandbrewing.com/

g.durand

One Too Many
Michael, that last picture is great - looks like you were born in TX! I was going out for BBQ one evening and wanted to wear my silverbelly Stratoliner to the restaurant. I changed my mind and wore something else at the last second. I didn't want anyone to get any BBQ sauce on the hat!

Down here the way they keep BBQ sauce off a silver belly hat in a lot of places is to just wear it at the table. My dad was from Texas, and we spent a lot of time with relatives in the Dallas area when I was growing up, so I guess that looking the part comes naturally.

Today I made a quick jump from rural to urban. Outside the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston---hat by Stetson, architecture by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
IMG_4796_zpsa404e55b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou