Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I'm pretty sure I don't have enough starch in the household to set up a similar Montana crease in any of the Santa hats we own. Interesting look, Charlie.

Best wishes to everyone this holiday season.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Have a nice and peacefull Christmas!
Today Italian dinner in the house of the mother of my wife.
There is a fantastic terrace and in the last sun I wear an Homburg
View attachment 21820
It is a French Antonin
View attachment 21821
Very light felt and really pliable without steam
View attachment 21822
That's the perfect day for the Homburg
View attachment 21823
At a break in the banquet, today dedicated to the Italian fingers food, we took this picture
View attachment 21824
From right: grandmother Donatella, my son Davide, my daughter Ginevra and the homburg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Daniele, thanks for sharing these beautiful photos with us. I love the brick. Perfect setting for your homburg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Today I am wearing super high rise silver-gray flat fronted wool flannel trousers with a waist band pocket watch pocket with flap, fuchsia lisle socks, russet open laced capt toe dress shoes, an oxford blue herringbone point collar dress shirt, deep royal blue deep V with turn back cuffs Scottish cashmere sweater, and brown with orange windowpane herringbone Harris Tweed paneled flat cap and Royal Lifeguard striped suspenders with russet strap ends, along with my platinum dogbone chain with my large gauge rhodium cased model 1894 made in 1898 pocket watch with a white gold with Alexandrite Art Deco pinkie ring and Art Deco silver and onyx ring from my grandfather on my right hand along with my white gold wedding band on my left hand. Over it all, a green and golden rod small herringbone tweed 3 to roll jacket with an orange and wine striped silk pocket scarf with my grandfather's platinum double headed eagle pin from his Polish Militia days after the war, worn in the lapel (it's about the size of a large peppercorn but wonderfully detailed and with a diamond chip in the breast of the eagle).

Yesterday I wore the suit that matches the jacket from today, also with pink socks, a gray fair isle sweater vest (pull over), oxblood wing-tips, a tab collar white collar and cuff with alternating blue and white striped body shirt from Saks 5th Ave., with a red with green and yellow paisley Ancient Madder tie by Ray Hammond of New Haven and figured silver filigree with amber inlay Art Deco cufflinks.

Longplay

Familiar Face
Christmas Watch Cap

Just got this "custom made" watch cap for Christmas. Though I sprang for a vintage peacoat last year, I couldn't bring myself to shell out what WWII watch caps were going for, so my wife knitted me one to the specs I found on the web. I suppose that when you add up cost of yarn and labor, I could have gotten a vintage cap, but this one looks good and is plenty warm. No more double-layer caps that have bumps on the top!

CIMG5309.jpg

c2fec6b4-bd40-4487-b502-daca0136ee52.jpg

WatchCapInside2.jpg

WatchCapFlat2.jpg

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Longplay, that is a very cool cap! I have a current Navy issue peacoat and issue watch cap on the way... I probably won't be able to wear the cap since I'm allergic to wool, but it will be cool to have!

Merry Christmas to all, and/or Happy Thursday. Out to dinner with my wife in a Shanghainese restaurant decorated with photos and calligraphy from 30's Shanghai and Chiang Kai-Shek.

Cap by Damian Monsivais.

1d171ba7def75a4296561c28bc62285e.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic