Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeff you look well equipped to handle the in-laws! Great cap and pipe. I keep telling my wife I want to take up pipe smoking but I don't think that's gonna fly. We are both ex- cigarette smokers so I better just go with her opinion. It looks fun though!

Great look Sam! You sure have collected some great leather jackets lately!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Sam, that is one heck of a jacket. And shades! Oh yeah, and the Stagecoach too! :)

Jeff, the cap and pipe go really well together! Roger, I smoked a pipe for years in college and the Army. When I was in the Army, I noticed that the secondary smoke was bad for my breathing. It hurt my PT test scores, so I ended up giving it up. I really liked smoking a pipe though!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, Awesome! You definitely got some kinda look going on with the pipe and flat cap!

Sam, great looking Resistol. I have one just like it.

Today I took the opportunity to get some of the taper out of a couple of my Stagecoaches.....I was able to square up the crowns a bit...Here's the Chestnut colored Stagecoach...

Before:

Resistol_Stagecoach_chestnut_01.jpg

After:

Resistol_Reblock.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Greg, RJR, Rogera, Joao, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. I already have a ribbon selected too. It's darker and thinner than the ribbon I previously put on it. I'll use the same campaign style bow.

Joao, it should retain its shape. John G. did the Resistol / Indy conversion last year for me and it's still holding up fine without any issues.

Just got this "custom made" watch cap for Christmas. Though I sprang for a vintage peacoat last year, I couldn't bring myself to shell out what WWII watch caps were going for, so my wife knitted me one to the specs I found on the web...
Your wife does excellent work! I've owned a few knit caps over the years, but have never owned one that was MIL-SPEC compliant. Does she take special orders from strangers? ;)

Mystic

Practically Family
Great looking hats and caps guys.

Good Job, TJ!!

Looking Sharp , Sam

Jeff, Great photo!! I know that expression all to well. It's the same look on MY in law's faces whenever I showed up.
Cap and pipe are perfect.

g.durand

One Too Many
Daniele--perfect cap for the weather.

We are still in Houston and the weather is going to get cooler as a northern front arrives in a few hours.

Resistol Dalworth again today.
de662de46865ff3b12da861331a751a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Greg, Mystic, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Daniele, the Beaver Brand cap is a good look for you.

g.durand, Love the Dalworth.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
g.durand, the front has already arrived over here. I just checked the window and we have flurries! Can't compare to Buffalo of course but any snow here is something.
Great Dalworth by the way

Daniele you look very warm from head to toe!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Wednesday I wore this Stagecoach John Galt fixed for me:
20141224.jpg

And for the travel to my parents house I choose this chocolate Stetson BIIIIG Country! Love this hat!
20141224b.jpg

At christmas eve my nephews made this to my poor red hat
20141225.jpg

And I wore it like that on christmas day.
Yesterday was the return day so I returned to that BIIIG Country again.

Today this stagecoach, gift from a lounger.
20141227.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Joao, You're definitely the Cowboy King here. Nice display of Westerns!

From yesterday, and I wore it to the store today. I finally added a ribbon to my Indyesque / Western hybrid. See Joao, I told you I had plans for this hat that wouldn't include trimming the brim... ;) I originally planned to convert this Stagecoach to an Indy hat, but I thought an Indyesque / Western hybrid might be something a little different. I was able to square up the crown a bit. I sewed on a vintage dark brown ply ribbon with a campaign style bow. I'm kind of iffy about the bow. Maybe too much bow?

Western_Indy_06.jpg

Western_Indy_05.jpg

I hid the stitching on the bow work...

Western_Indy_02.jpg

Western_Indy_03.jpg

Western_Indy_04.jpg

...too much bow?

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Looks great, TJ, the shape and color - one of the best Indyesques I remember seeing! About the bow, it's better done than some of my retail felts! About the size, I totally defer to the Western experts!

Today with this 4-panel from Cordova Caps.

0b30d932926eeab1314ea495169da882.jpg

e78b2b792574218826f83f42740f5b28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80