Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panadora

Practically Family
IMG_1360.jpg
Paradise - Freshly made ice cream every day

ingineer

One Too Many
Terry ;
Buy the Campdraft, yes 2 3/4 inch essentially it it is an Open Road with a different name.
Right down to the wind trolley
But and here is a big but , it does not have the massive a mounts of shellac that the newer stetsons have.
Open crown i think is higher more like the OR of old
Tired of siverbelly get the blue Grass.
As the OZ dollar is weak now is the time.
i have two and LOL waiting for my SB
Regards

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Terry ;
Buy the Campdraft, yes 2 3/4 inch essentially it it is an Open Road with a different name.
Right down to the wind trolley
But and here is a big but , it does not have the massive a mounts of shellac that the newer stetsons have.
Open crown i think is higher more like the OR of old
Tired of siverbelly get the blue Grass.
As the OZ dollar is weak now is the time.
i have two and LOL waiting for my SB
Regards

I think I'm convinced on getting one. I'm considering the BGG. Everyone seems to like that color really well. Is the brim more like the Open Road brim, then?

ingineer

One Too Many
Terry;
It will be shipped brim snapped up as a LBJ hat. it will take some steam on the top to make it snap down if you want the Jimmy Steward look
Lately i've been ordered from Sam at EA
Look at Moon's pics he does a great job in creasing them

frussell

One Too Many
Really impressive in present, especially when you consider they're doing high speed precision passes and moves while mounted sidesaddle. Thanks for that, Chamuco. We get the rare escaramuza exhibition here in SoCal once in a while. My grandpa's second wife apparently used to compete, so if there's one happening nearby, we're usually there. Frank

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Really impressive in present, especially when you consider they're doing high speed precision passes and moves while mounted sidesaddle. Thanks for that, Chamuco. We get the rare escaramuza exhibition here in SoCal once in a while. My grandpa's second wife apparently used to compete, so if there's one happening nearby, we're usually there. Frank
You should see the girls over 15, they do amazing things at full throttle! !!

And they get points or get points taken from everything, outfit, boots, etc. Not only about their performance

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
It must be sad to see the audience outnumbered by the riders!?
Yes, we got the first round for the child league, below 15 years, so mostly only the relatives and friends of the first 3 teams, but 90 minutes after I send the pics it was full.

Just left 20 min ago, the girls over 15 were performing and it was full.

Big tradition here

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

javadave61

Practically Family
Yes, we got the first round for the child league... Big tradition here.

Nice Chamuco! Thanks for taking us along. Glad we could be part of the "audience." Great window into a great culture and tradition.

Panama Bob Especial for me today. I'm short on straws and long on felts. I'm sure that'll get corrected soon enough.

872128fea08c964d882888a66155110f.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I really like the look of the Nutria.
Still wish it had more brim.

For me today, I got out another of my Stagecoaches. This one, Joao, has a 4 inches wide brim. I reblocked the crown on this and gave it a Center Dent crease. I also replaced the original cheesy feathered hat band for this vintage 8 ply mid-ribbon with a simple bow. (I may cut the brim down on this one and convert it over to an Indy fedora...was that Joao I just heard falling to the floor? Just kidding.)
Really nice Terry, glad you are enjoying it. I like your work on bows.
And you know, I can give it a good home ;)

Into Joao's territory today, Resistol Black Stagecoach with Gus crease, what a nice hat...
I'm glad you liked it and enjoying it. It's really a nice looking hat. Somehow I envy this one.
It must be a great show to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran