Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Nice start to the day.
Dave, the Whippet looks grand.
Esther, that hat has a rich color to it, I really like it.
Nice Resistol today, Mark (and I detect the beginnings of some new facial hair?).
Chamuco, it always seems there is some alcohol involved in your photos. You're my kinda guy!
Joao, that 7XB still alomost glows...
Panadora, that's a magnificent lid! What is it?
Matt, the Strat looks great. I'd love to weigh in on the new Stetsons, but despite my best efforts, they won't send one to me!

Skipped the Whippet today - Went with the D'Aquino Mk I. Mid ribbon for mid-week.

View attachment 38023 View attachment 38024
Looks great with the jacket! And by itself for that matter.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Whippet Wednesday.
b954d40085877f81fe2fbdaf8ba464e0.jpg
06319372d988f910f1bcf0bcc66ca3b4.jpg
0585edc28d084366664870c631ad8fbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

EstherWeis

Vendor
Esther - Darn right Western (US) of you. I like that coffee color.

Thank you, the colour is called tizane, don't ask me why...( most times it refers to some sort of herbal tea.)
Sometimes there is a little daisy duke in every girl I guess.

Interesting tie!
You are looking suave as usual.

I Lived in Florence for 3 years.

Ahh, Florence. The most beautiful Italian city. I love it there.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I know where that store is (or used to be). Lived in Florence for 3 years.

Do you have a date on that hat, Alan? The red tag I understand is later (40's). I have a similar one, but with a different sweat band. That one looks amazing.

Thank you MB... The paper size tags were used at different times. This hat is from the mid to late 1950s.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Nice lids today.

Being still Whippetless, I can't participate on Wednesdays. So, I just have to admire everyone else's.
Today was warm enough to give my Dobbs Manilan Braid a sweat test. You see, when it first arrived, the perforated leather sweatband was very dry, nearly crispy. I didn't want to replace it, so I slowly and patiently applied Lexol to it over a period of a week until it softened up quite a bit. The first time I wore it for an extended period, it left some black bits on my forehead. Fearing a compete disintegration was imminent, I stopped wearing it until I could determine the condition of the leather. More Lexol and careful inspection later, I decided the flakes were just the finish on the leather coming off a spot where the band had held a crease for decades without being flexed, and then being manipulated.
I wore it for 4 hours of walking and hanging out, got it sweaty, and no more bits came off of the band.

438f72702fb52e457307c0537b90d129.jpg
5fd5adf52e533454a673d954932b334a.jpg

I was even confident enough to gently bend the sweat out far enough to get a pic of the size tag.

157dc6b656a7da39cfe044e5651708d9.jpg

So glad to have been able to preserve this one.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn