Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carter

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Douglas and Indy -- great lids!

Carter -- that Playboy is sharp! I think it's one of the best looking lids I've seen on you. :eusa_clap
[And the next time you confuse me with gtd, expect a visit from Indycop -- then again, maybe it was just the cell phone shot...:rolleyes: :D]

Cheers,
JtL
Yeah, That's it. The cellphone shot and the "man of mystery" shades. Hmmm... that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :p ;) :)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I pulled it off the block, this morning, gave it a quick center crease (no side dents), and wore it to work. Borsalino, no model name on sweatband, 2 1/8" brim, 5 1/4" crown (uncreased).

P1070289.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
hello JtL, he says it really stands for...

When DearHubby Chuck read about the term DH first on an Antique Roses Garden Forum, and thought it meant (on there at least) Digger of Holes! We have over 100 antique and modern roses here in sunny No. Calif. where our roses bloom even on Xmas day.

Its a very nice arrangement actually; I buy an antique rose online, it arrives in the mails, and my husband digs a hole and plants the rose. Oh, and then he adds yet another emitter on one of the many drip lines to water it...

DH could also stand for DancingHusband here as we met ballroom dancing. My first words to him were "Thank God, a man who can lead." to which he replied, "And what's your name?"

jimmy the lid said:
Welcome, Carey. So -- "DH"......."Designated Hubby"? :D

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
gtd, Nice Mallory and a nice setting. Are you using your cellphone camera again! [/I]

Pow! Nice hit, Carter. Out of the park. lol lol lol :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kiltie said:
Holy Macaroni, carter!!! Nice, nice hat!!! And when I say, "nice hat", I mean really, sincerely, quite a nice hat.

Very nice indeed, Carter. Love the blue. Do you think it'll go with cement overshoes and may I borrow it? :eek: How will it keep its shape under water?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
It was a loooong day today so I just intended to whiz by here real quick and put in my Daily Hat shot - - then I got absorbed looking at all the posts since I was here yesterday. For cryinoutloud, you guys really put on a clinic!! Each post I looked at was as great as the last and then the next one was too. Fantastic.

Thanks for the kind comments about that Borsalino. It's the finest of my bunch.

And a warm welcome to the new lady in the Lounge.

Had a presentation to make today so same blazer, different meeting - and with the Disney Twenty along for the ride:

DSC_0009.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Disney Twenty?

Hello, what I may be men's-hats-illiterate(sp?), but what is the Disney Twenty? Is it a hat you got for 20 bucks at Disneyland or sumthin'? Whatever it is, it looks great on you!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Disney was a fairly major hat maker, founded in 1885, which disappeared sometime in the 1960s. The 20 indicates the original price of the hat, $20- making it a bit over the average price point for the time period, with corresponding quality.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Disney was a fairly major hat maker, founded in 1885, which disappeared sometime in the 1960s. The 20 indicates the original price of the hat, $20- making it a bit over the average price point for the time period, with corresponding quality.

Just a bit of an update -- Disney hats were actually manufactured for Disney, for most of their history, by Crofut & Knapp at their factories in South Norwalk, CT. Disney was not, however, a C&K brand. At some point, Disney severed their relationship with C&K (Hat Corporation of America, by that time). By 1943 Disney was associated with the Frank H. Lee Company, so I figure that's who made Disney hats at that point. Disney may have been acquired by Lee. And Stetson later got Lee.

That's all I've got for now.

Brad

jimmy the lid said:
...Carter -- that Playboy is sharp! I think it's one of the best looking lids I've seen on you. :eusa_clap
[And the next time you confuse me with gtd, expect a visit from Indycop -- then again, maybe it was just the cell phone shot...:rolleyes: :D]
:arated: On the very nice Playboy...and pay the man for such flattery, Jimmy!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara