Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Me and Regis are feeling saintly today.

FB_IMG_1497139511798.jpg
FB_IMG_1497139499836.jpg
FB_IMG_1497139492954.jpg

Fashion Frank once posted a message stating that he had never seen a hat he didn't like, I'm inclined to agree with him because the hats in this thread are truly amazing. Makes my day just to see the latest offerings.
Esther tells me that my new hat is finished, just awaiting a sweat band, that she hopes will come from her supplier soon. Then I can pose in my new straw with chocolate head band & chocolate brown trousers.

In the meantime my versatile Biltmore is topping off a sports blazer striped shirt with white collar & cuffs, teamed up with a neck tie depicting cancan scenes by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec and what you can't see are, airforce blue trousers and blue & white spectator shoes.
View attachment 76527

I'm seriously tempted to buy a blue straw hat to wear with the above ensemble, I keep returning to the page. It's because the hat has that blue/grey mix that goes so well with the airforce blue trousers. This hobby is both expensive and addictive.
View attachment 76532
Spiffy, as ever! I think a blue grey color would be totally RAF!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Spiffy, as ever! I think a blue grey color would be totally RAF!
What a gent you are, thank you.
That query about Saint Regis, there's a St. Regis resort on the Indian Ocean Island of Mauritius.
Regis is a Latin word meaning: "Of the king." Rex being Latin for king. In the UK we have a seaside town called Bognor Regis. George V (fifth) was sent there by his medical advisors. The town, previously known as Bognor, earned the suffix Regis in recognition of their duty to King George.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my most recent conversion, Resistol Stagecoach. Finished just this morning. This poor hat's been through the rough. It's been through four separate conversions, scores of reshapings, and several ribbon changes. It has a nice tall boxy crown with a 2 5/8 brim and 1 5/8 contrasting ribbon. I'll post more pics in the Conversion Corral later.

Resistol_China_4_A.jpg

Resistol_China_Hat_2.jpg

Resistol_China_Hat_5.jpg

Some Hank Williams

Old Honky Tonk favorites

Sooooo nice !!! Beautiful color and great work ?!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Willebe

A-List Customer
Good evening. I have been busy working and unable to keep up with all the postings. I hope that all are well and enjoying the weekend. I am seeing a lot of nice hats on the men and the ladies, and there seems to be some fun conversations as well. Have a great Sunday to you all.

Willebe

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Great look my friend! Saintly indeed.
Good evening. Back from a special evening out. I was the best hatted person this evening. (Truth be told, I was the only hatted person this evening.) Lightweight Gannon fedora in bone was did the trick in the 88'F and humid weather.

i-d2tZJV5-M.jpg

i-bZfbw3W-M.jpg

Enjoy your evening folks. Best wishes, Eric -
Fantastic ensemble sir! That hat and those shoes really brings it all home! Awesome

What a gent you are, thank you.
That query about Saint Regis, there's a St. Regis resort on the Indian Ocean Island of Mauritius.
Regis is a Latin word meaning: "Of the king." Rex being Latin for king. In the UK we have a seaside town called Bognor Regis. George V (fifth) was sent there by his medical advisors. The town, previously known as Bognor, earned the suffix Regis in recognition of their duty to King George.
Interesting. Thanks, the storehouse of knowledge here on the Lounge is astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24