Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
HatsRme, what a shame, but we are men and good loser but your VS is a classic and a winner!

Robert, great looking hat on you!

Orange, very nice Cuenca!

g-durand, that has style, looks good on you the Hollywood style, thumbs up!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Below is a pic taken early morning after being out with the dogs I chose my Lee All-American in buckskin. In the 1950's this was a less expensive hat. It rules!

IMG_5111-M.jpg

A short bit ago, I finished up some work with the yard rake. My Adams Executive, creme felt, is a perfect hat for this 45'F weather.

IMG_5116-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice Stetson, Robert.

Charlie, the VS is indeed classic!

Two very nice hats, Eric. I especially like the Lee All American.

Another super day here today. Out with my Brent Black (with a little Tom Gomez for the final touch) Montecristi.

smugshot_5408982-L.jpg

With rainy weather forecast during the week, it might be back to felt hats for a while soon.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
3-D; I do "service" my hats. Cleaning, brushing and steaming are what I do to keep them crisp. It is suprising what those simple things can do for your hats. To date I have not picked up a block or flange for "big work." I have used my hands and other household items if the flange or block need arises. I do live on a lake and see that I need the block and flange as my hats do occasionally unintentionally go for swims. I have posted many times that my hats are for wearing. While I have a bunch, they all get worn. My hats that are on my hat shelfs in my wardrobe are all worn. Like many here at the FL, all hats get worn. That said, I do get the occasional remark that I could wear a different hat for an entire Minnesota season, as I have so many. I optimistically see that as a compliment and offer thanks. To my thinking I do not have enough quality hats.:D

Thanks for the appreciative comments sir. Eric -

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Brent Black Montecristi

Nice Stetson, Robert.

Charlie, the VS is indeed classic!

Two very nice hats, Eric. I especially like the Lee All American.

Another super day here today. Out with my Brent Black (with a little Tom Gomez for the final touch) Montecristi.

smugshot_5408982-L.jpg

With rainy weather forecast during the week, it might be back to felt hats for a while soon.
Can't do any better than a Brent Black Montecristi...He makes awesome Panamas...quite a bit pricey though...

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WOW a Great Sunday of Fine Hats ,
Everybody looks great !

g.durand, looks cool the hollywood flip ! for some reason my Lee's do that....:cool:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Can't do any better than a Brent Black Montecristi...He makes awesome Panamas...quite a bit pricey though...

He does indeed, T.

This one wasn't expensive though - an eBay bargain find that wasn't in very good shape. The sellers packaging was poor as well which meant I had to do a fair bit of re-shaping and I also used some fabric tape inside the top of the pinch to help where the fibres were a little weak.

The sweatband was dried out and had shrunk - split into pieces as soon as I tried to get it back to my size.

Now with a new quality sweatband and flange job from Tom Gomez and a "new" ribbon from an old 50's hat I had kicking around, it is a great hat to wear at a fraction of the price of a new one.

I'm always scanning eBay for another BB bargain, but I think it is unlikely!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I took a hike at our local park reserve, Rice Creek Regional Park, early afternoon. The over-cast 50'F temps meant that not many folks were out and about on the walkways or trails. I went to see the local waterfowl, foxes (with kits) and to see if I could watch the local owls.

IMG_5193-M.jpg

The pine entrance opened to the grassy fields where I set-up on a small bluff that I can look down and spot the fox den. I was rewarded for my efforts with watching the 2 small kits and mom fox enjoying the slowly warming temps. I carefully back-tracked on my trail. Next I worked my way to the ridgeline to look for the local owls. I did spot them from a distance. They appeared very wary today.

IMG_5187-M.jpg

As you can tell from the pics, and the lack of green, Spring is slow to come to Minnesota. The next week of warmer temps (60-70'F highs) should accelerate the greening up of the landscape.

IMG_5150-M.jpg

I hiked thru the lowlands and small rolling hills checking out the nesting waterfowl and birds.

IMG_5147-M.jpg

IMG_5160-XL.jpg

IMG_5172-M.jpg

It was a great couple of hours. A fun escape. My nephew came along and many of the photos are from his hands. Thanks Isaac. My VS Stratoliner inspired fedora (in dove) was the perfect companion for my hike.

IMG_5196-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Great shots, Eric. Thanks for the glimpse into a unique, relatively untrammeled part of the U.S.

A-n-A, Marietta looks like a cool place to kick around, and the hat is very much in sync.

g.durand

One Too Many
Monte, DJH, Manfred,--thank you all for your comments.

rlk--black WAR on gray is still my favorite look. Nice Stetson.

hatsRme--you wuz robbed! Nice rebound with the Blue Smoke, though.

orangegrad--the Cuenca is a good look for you.

DJH--another superb straw today. Thanks for showing it to us.

Eric--something in Dove will have to be in my future. That's good looking hat for a walk in the woods. I do miss the Northern deciduous forest.

Bobby--nice Fed IV. A versatile hat for sure.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Just back in from visiting with friends at the monthly MN Guitar Assoc. get together. Wore my VS Wanderer in dove. My hat and clothing choices today has been so far, evidenced by my pics, a theme of gray's.

IMG_5200-M.jpg

IMG_5208-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

howardeye

Practically Family
My great nephews I met for the first time from North Carolina. They left southern Florida with new old hats! The seed has been planted!

307FC072-A159-44AB-BF51-F06DC290941F-492-0000005B4844022A_zpsadcad8cd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner