Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
The Montecristis are looking stunning, Al, David, and BJ! (Hope I didn't inadvertently miss anyone there.)

Everyone's hats look great today. I'm a day behind, but here's yesterday's. I took Alive n' Amplified's advice and broke out a black hat with my t-shirt and cargo shorts. It's a Mansfield Duracraft, either made or sold in Toronto. Very comfortable.

In certain lighting it actually makes me think it might be the traditional midnight blue. It also feels as if there might be a little wool blended in.

llcq.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Steve - The gray Windsor is a beauty. You wear it well! I'm jealous of your sunny weather.

Joel - Way to rock that bowler!! :thumb:

BR Gordon - Lovely hat. I'm quite sure you have been the recipient of fine compliments from onlookers all day today!! :yo:

Mike - Super straw, Mike. I enjoy seeing your BSHW hats.

g.durand - You should definitely own one or two. This homburg is my second; I have a chocolate brown Adam with what looks to be a burgundy or plum ribbon, very similar to what's on the blue Dobbs. I didn't think I could wear a homburg at first, so when the Adam arrived I pulled the front of the brim down like a fedora and tried to convert it. However, it distorted the overall shape and ruined the look.

After some motivation from some other 'loungers, I reshaped it back to a homburg and I really liked it. That said, the ink blue Dobbs was a guarantee for my collection. I couldn't pass it up. I'm not necessarily partial to homburgs, but I do want one more, probably in a light grey. But I am well pleased with the Dobbs, so I'm in no rush. Well, we'll see. ;)

monte - You're not the only one who appreciates the homburg style of Sir Anthony Eden. :) The Dobbs is crisp, and I've only had it less than a week. Gave it a good steam bath and brushed it well. The color of this felt is absolutely amazing. It's vintage '40s (according to a 'lounger's dating), and it's a FIFTEEN, so the felt is really nice. You can dry crease it on the fly and it holds beautifully. The brim needed some steam to tighten it up and give it a little more curl, but other than that, it fits like a glove and feels amazing. It is definitely one of my Top 3 hats in my collection.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
I took Alive n' Amplified's advice and broke out a black hat with my t-shirt and cargo shorts. It's a Mansfield Duracraft, either made or sold in Toronto. Very comfortable. In certain lighting it actually makes me think it might be the traditional midnight blue.

Bravo, Jeff! You even took it a step further and wore a homburg! It's not only black/blue, but it's also a dress hat that can turn any T-shirt into a tuxedo! :eusa_clap

I think I'll wear my black hat tomorrow. Heavy rain predicted, so I might not make it very far.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, sharp Homburg. Looks great the blue one!

g-durand, looks great on you that Mallory and you have my permission, my friend!

Al, Br, and Mike, sharp Straw's on your head, gentlemen!

Joel, you look great with that Melone!

AnA, what a lovely Homburg! Wonderful.!!

Steve, the Windsor looks great on you, a sharp hat!

g.durand

One Too Many
A'n'A, Jeff--Homburgs and t-shirts, do I see the possibilities of a new thread? The dressing down of dress hats, maybe? ;)

Owning a couple of homburgs would be nice, and then I might be tempted to follow in Manfred's steps with a strawburg :D

delectans

Call Me a Cab
2 hours later and same question?

Al, envy your travels and fine lids. Lovely shot of the Optimo on a nice vessel. Look forward to your posts from Taiwan.

Thank you, Mike, the envy is mutual! :yo: Looking very cool in your milan.

I hope that sea breeze didn't blow that hat in the water, Al!! Super lid! :thumb:

No worries, my friend! The gentlest of breezes in the early morning, with nary a ripple on the water. Thank you for your kind words. Love your new Dobbs Homburg.

Windsor vs. the Sun!

The all-conquering Windsor! Beautiful, Steve.

Herr Meyserwegener, what a brim! Beautiful

Here is my choice for the chilly San Francisco Summer evening, 40s vintage Stetson - I posted another pic in the Bowler thread -

Exceptional photograph. 'American Gothic'.

Just arrived in NYC with my VS montecristi.

Wonderful. Be sure to post photos from NYC to FEDORAS AFIELD, BR!

Great straws BR Gordon, Al and Mikespens!!!
Al is that the new optimo? Nice ribbon.

Steve

Thanks, Steve! Yes, this is my new OPTIMO Montecristi. Body had just cleared customs two days before I saw it in May. Ribbon is vintage.

Al, great shots as always, hope you're enjoying the SoCal weather. The Optimo is a sublimely beautiful hat.

Thank you, you are too kind! The weather and temperatures along the coast here in So. Cal is near perfection, I would say. You cut a dashing figure yesterday in that old Mallory!

The Montecristis are looking stunning, Al, David, and BJ! (Hope I didn't inadvertently miss anyone there.)

Everyone's hats look great today. I'm a day behind, but here's yesterday's. I took Alive n' Amplified's advice and broke out a black hat with my t-shirt and cargo shorts. It's a Mansfield Duracraft, either made or sold in Toronto. Very comfortable.

In certain lighting it actually makes me think it might be the traditional midnight blue. It also feels as if there might be a little wool blended in.

Very nice, Jeff, and thanks for your kind comments.

Al, Br, and Mike, sharp Straw's on your head, gentlemen!

Excellent flea market find, my friend, and thank you for the nod yesterday!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Black Eilerman's derby. Interesting block and very stingy brim. Lightweight with a sweatband of some canvasy material. Thanks for the inspiration, Alive and Kolchak!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

job

One Too Many
Nice hats today guys.
I could not imagine wearing a felt hat around here with our temps at 90 and the humidity at 73%.

My son and I went to a great southern chain restaurant called Smithfields chicken and barbeque today after church.
One lady stops at our table to tell us she liked our hats and how she likes the way my son looks then a little
bit later a man stops by and asked if we were in a band.
I know we stand out and we are both used to it but it is nice to have positive remarks about ones dress even if to
some we look like a stage act.
Anywho, today Panamas and Boaters with vintage ties for this late 4th-ish weekend.

bransonwbowtieampsammy002_zps30eff899.jpg

bransonwbowtieampsammy003_zpsb6e083f9.jpg

Last edited:

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Great pictures Job, nice hats and great story! You and your son make a fantastic pair. Really enjoy perusing this thread. Lots of amazing hats on display. I'm also impressed with the Montecristi, the amazing Optimo's and other straw hats I've seen. You guys wear them well.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo