Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Manfred; Your pics show a huge variety of hats. Germany must be full of vintage hats. Looks good.

Andy; Looking good. Your pics lately are dynamite.

Frank; I look forward to your more formal shots. Well chosen today.

Richard; Great work with the crease. I like the higher profiled crown, but you wear the crease naturally.

G.Durand; I really do like the Lee Corral. The lighter colored felt and dimensions look great on you.

Evening temps at 69'F and enough breeze to keep the mosquities at bay. Out by the water in my VS Executive (silverbelly).

IMG_5758-M.jpg

Eric -

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Richard; Great work with the crease. I like the higher profiled crown, but you wear the crease naturally.

Thanks. It was a fun experiment but not quite what I hoped for - I think the crown needed to be taller and slightly less tapered. It's now drying in a diamond crease with a deep pinch - we'll see how that goes - the felt on this thing is very malleable, and it was cheap enough that any complete disaster won't be too expensive!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Back Home

Returned home last week to some glorious weather.

Saturday morning, at the Uptown Art Fair. The first of three outdoor art shows always held on the first weekend in August in Minneapolis. OPTIMO Montecristi.

Attendance at the Uptown Art Fair is consistently over 350,000...a staggering number.

At the Powderhorn Art Fair Saturday afternoon.

Getting an early start Sunday morning. OPTIMO Montecristi.

Minneapolis Institute Of Arts Sunday afternoon, following the Loring Park Art Festival.

In front of the Wu Family Reception Hall at the museum, an incredibly well preserved example of early 17th Century, Ming Dynasty architecture.

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thrift Store find & Squatter

Good morning Gents! Wonderful collection of Panamas this morning!
htasRme, I like the Milan.
delectans, Beautiful Panama!
Orangegrad, The Campdraft is one of my favorites! Love the color!
Qvist, Welcome to the Lounge! The stingy gets it done my friend!
casechopper, the Worth and Worth is a good look on you. Excellent cap my friend!...In fact, I think you look better in caps! They suit you very well!

The mornings here in Central are getting chilly as the season winds down. For me this beautiful morning I'm wearing my Black Squatter, (although I love the hat itself, I still can't warm up to the Black color), and a recent $ 4.00 thrift store find. My wife and I "popped some tags" yesterday at the local thrift store. I bought four brand new shirts that were never worn. Yesterday was a good thrift store haul!

el61.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, Jeff, Richard, Rusty, thank you all for the kind words, gentlemen!

Eric, thanks, I guess not more vintages as In US. You look very good with your great VS!

g-durand, what a great brand "Lee", great look with the Corral!

Richard, it's not so easy to shape that crown, but you will made it, I am sure!

TJ, sharp look with Squatter and Shirt, I love your black one! Suits you well!

Sam, that is a great collection of worn hats and caps! Very nice!

Tom, lovely Deluxe Strat!

Andy, like that hat, looks very good in this color, you wear him great!

Robert, only Standard, looks more Deluxe!

Charlie, looks good that Milan, well worn!

Al, we have you back, I am glad you had a safe return! I really enjoy the fantastic Straw hat league on you!

David, great look with that Portis, I am a bit jealous!

Qvist, nice stingy on you, I am glad you give him a chance!

Qvist

Familiar Face
Awesome hats today everyone! Inspired by those beautiful Panamas of delectans I decided to wear my cheapo Panama for the evening in the garden with my wife.

9442442805_0b56c429f3_z.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Good morning Gents! Wonderful collection of Panamas this morning!

The mornings here in Central are getting chilly as the season winds down. For me this beautiful morning I'm wearing my Black Squatter, (although I love the hat itself, I still can't warm up to the Black color), and a recent $ 4.00 thrift store find. My wife and I "popped some tags" yesterday at the local thrift store. I bought four brand new shirts that were never worn. Yesterday was a good thrift store haul!

el61.jpg

TJ - I too have difficulty feeling comfortable in my one black fedora - a Borsalino Alessandria. But I have to say that this hat works for you. It makes me consider a Fed IV in black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran