Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Dale, Richard - thanks for the Courtney comments, guys!

I like the J Dermot cap, Richard. Is that a current brand?

Charlie - cool VS BS yesterday. Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that the felt bodies Gary White had were vintage Borsalinos that had been kicking around for a long time. Is the felt quality on yours consistant with old Borso felt, would you say?

Every now and again I wonder if he has any that would work for my size - then I remember that he doesnt have email or anything and it's always in the middle of the night when I think of it :(

Djh as always you look live the cover of GQ.

and you should be on stage as a comedian, gear-guy :) Thanks, though! You look as though you were enjoying getting ready for NYE!

Sam - love the Max!

Jeff - nice Tummy and S25

pf - enjoy the new Bailey!

Alan - yep, that's a brim alright :)

Knice Knox Matt!

Joao - yeah; the battle of the brims continues!!

S4C - knice Knox for you too!

Hatto - what a great looking Playboy. Is it black or dark blue?

JT - cool SS. Those thin ribbon hats just work great for you.

Tommy Gun - is this going to be your new look for 2014? :)

OK, I can't match in Battle of the Brims with Joao and Alan, but I did wear my widest brim hat earlier this morning.

Stetson 25 Western style

smugshot_6870212-L.jpg

I remember reading somewhere that the felt bodies Gary White had were vintage Borsalinos that had been kicking around for a long time. Is the felt quality on yours consistant with old Borso felt, would you say?

Every now and again I wonder if he has any that would work for my size - then I remember that he doesnt have email or anything and it's always in the middle of the night when I think of it :(

...and you should be on stage as a comedian, gear-guy :) Thanks, though!

I wish I could offer more insight into the felt feel of older Borsas, Dave, but my hands-on experience is limited. As I always whine, there aren't enough vintage ones in my size. The one I do own is a longhair from about 1960-70, (not my size, even) very different from the finish of Gary's hats. Gary, I suspect, uses more stiffener in the felt.

And, to communicate with him at the odd hours.... just call and leave a message, 24/7. It works.

My wife often tells me I should be on a stage... the next one leaving town!

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like the J Dermot cap, Richard. Is that a current brand?

David, yes - it's a small company based in London. They don't have an on-line store, but you can pick them up in some of London's menswear stores. The only two online sources I could find are:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...PKEs9ms0W4y_7idSQ&sig2=s5IYuqZLbZFKbVXtt8nYrA

or

http://www.topsecrethats.com/index.php?route=product/search&keyword=james Dermot&category_id=0

I've just ordered one of the grey flat caps.

--------------------

Nice Stetson David

Robert - the Campdraft looks great

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Richard.

Seems a little strange that the caps are all sized in steps of 2 cm's, sometimes odd and sometimes even sizes. The ones I like are even numbers and I wear 57 cm :)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Very nice start to the New Year Gents! Lovin' the thin ribbons today!

Earl Needham,
Attitude helps, too.
Yup. Definitely! There's a lot to be said for that. My wife should look really good wearing a hat. She lacks no amount of attitude!
DJH, That is one nice Stetson 25! I love that hat! Nice! Really Nice!
TPD, Another nice thin ribbon!
RBH, Nice! Love the mid ribbon...and the Thompson(?)

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - yeah; the battle of the brims continues!!

OK, I can't match in Battle of the Brims with Joao and Alan, but I did wear my widest brim hat earlier this morning.

Battle of the Brims lol but I'm no adversary to Allan. He always surprise us with something bigger, bolder and "more" vintage than I can (like that clear nutria).
Nice to see a Stetson 25 western. Wish I could find one with 4" brim.

Great pic HB3. I like the shape of the brim on that one.

Jockos I like the brim on yours, too. Looks good on you like that.

Happy New Year guys.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

ManofKent

Thanks, Richard.

Seems a little strange that the caps are all sized in steps of 2 cm's, sometimes odd and sometimes even sizes. The ones I like are even numbers and I wear 57 cm :)

He definitely makes them in all sizes - even for small noggins like yourself ;)

Which one took your fancy?

ManofKent

Rusty - Nice Buckaroo.

HB3 - great photo and great hats :)

Jockos - I must dig out my film bodies in the New Year. Lovely slant on that hat.

----------------------------

More gales today, so another cap (apologies for it being off-centre). Unbranded Harris Tweed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff