Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the snow-load weight rating on that brim, Joao?! It would be handy around here today!

My OTHER Royal Stetson on a fast (?) run to the mailbox. I was caught by surprise in a whipped-up wind of snow off the roof in the last picture...

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Haha ... theatre-techs are wild about nicknames. For many years mine was "The Hood" (no, not the battleship - and not Robin!). You ain't seen nothin' yet, dear Charlie! lol

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
What's the snow-load weight rating on that brim, Joao?! It would be handy around here today!

That is something I might never know as snowing in Lisbon is very very rare, the places that get snow (Vila Real, Bragança, Serra da Estrela) are very far (more than 300kms) and we never know when it snows.
I only saw snow in Lisbon one time and it didn't last long (30 minutes of snowing that melted fast).

My OTHER Royal Stetson on a fast (?) run to the mailbox. I was caught by surprise in a whipped-up wind of snow off the roof in the last picture...
Your Royal Stetson seems to have a better snow-load capability. Less area, better structural integrity, less weight to carry :)

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tommy - the Jaxon suits you.

David - lovely Raiders hat - one of the nicest I've seen.

Perry - that's lovely - I really like the ribbon proportions

Sam - a lovely pair.

Joao - I like that wide brim.

Charlie - I love those shots :) Great hat too :)

Davey - looks good - you've got the right pose too ;)

--------------------

A break in the gales today (due back tomorrow :( ) so a chance to wear a hat rather than a cap.

I've given the new squatter a bit of a pinch (and just placed an order for one in Fawn...).

Canterbury:

Faversham:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good snowy afternoon from Central Ohio Gents! You guys look great as usual! Lovin' the collection of lids so far!

Joao, Now that is one wide brim!
hatophile, Nice Tilden from Henry!
casechopper, Love the color on the Carmack!
g.durand, Nice color on the Campdraft! Love that hat! I hope your vacation is going well my friend.
Jed, Nice Resistol! Nice looking table too!
DJH, Classic! Dave Garrison does a nice job on those hats! John Galt just sent me some pics of the bow work he did on my Indy conversion. He's doing a real nice job on it.
hatsRme, Nice Royal Stetson! Seems to fit in nicely with the snow.
Davy-Speed, Nice Christys! Definitely got that gangster look!
Richard, Great pic! Love the Squatter and the whole outfit. Nicely done my friend!

On this breezy and snowy afternoon from Central Ohio, and once again, I'm wearing my most recent Western Purchase. I recreased the crown on this one and gave it a tall C-crown crease, 5 inches at the pinch, sloping to 4 1/2 at the back...and as inspired by gtdean, I ironed out the brim and flattened it a bit and gave it something of a Western Fedora look. I also put a leather hat band on it as well. This is one awesome hat! Very dense felt! Unfortunately, as much as I like this hat, I may have to trade it off. It's way too big for me, 7 1/4. But seems like a big 7 1/4....

9pe5.jpg

View attachment 7773

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
hatophile, Dane, Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments...
No. It's neither. I wish it was a Martin guitar! Can't get any better than a Martin! It's a cheapie Fender acoustical that I bought 37 years ago. For a cheap guitar it sounds pretty good though! I have a Fender Telecaster too. When it comes to electric guitars I think the Fender Telecasters and Stratocasters are the best.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Charlie - oddly the Canterbury shot (where I'm heading back to work) has less of a smile than the Faversham shot, where I'm heading homewards ;)

Thanks TJones - the western looks good, I'd try a bit of felt before parting with it.

Alan - lovely finish!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, Now that is one wide brim!
;)

I'm wearing my most recent Western Purchase. I recreased the crown on this one and gave it a tall C-crown crease, 5 inches at the pinch, sloping to 4 1/2 at the back...and as inspired by gtdean, I ironed out the brim and flattened it a bit and gave it something of a Western Fedora look. I also put a leather hat band on it as well. This is one awesome hat! Very dense felt! Unfortunately, as much as I like this hat, I may have to trade it off. It's way too big for me, 7 1/4. But seems like a big 7 1/4....

Nice to see a western other than me and Alan.
The Quality No 1 I got must be very dense too. Someone must have tried to reshape the brim without steam it almost broke.

hatophile, Dane, Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments...
No. It's neither. I wish it was a Martin guitar! Can't get any better than a Martin! It's a cheapie Fender acoustical that I bought 37 years ago. For a cheap guitar it sounds pretty good though! I have a Fender Telecaster too. When it comes to electric guitars I think the Fender Telecasters and Stratocasters are the best.

I don't know what Strats have than I can't be confortable with them (I have a cheap clone). That's why I got a Epiphone LP Goth.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
TJ: Today's Martins are like today's Stetsons/Borsalinos. Be happy, you have a 37 year old Fender. They actually made pretty good dreadnoughts (if I'm not very wrong, Merle Travis used to play one). Martins from before 1969, when they started using East Indian Rosewood for sides and back, were absolutely great. A pre-war Martin, I would kill to get (well ... almost).

Talking about killing to get something: Alan, watch out! That super well combed "black hairdo" really tickles my trigger-finger. "Gorgeous" is just a tiny word here :)

PS: I just noticed ... what is the pendant? Is it a piece of bone?

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice Raiders hat DJH, can't ever go wrong with one of those. Hope that snow doesn't get real bad for you guys up there. (the amount on your hat is real bad for down here)

Thanks - the various Indy hats are among my favorite hat styles.

David, the all weather hat, good to have an Garrison Indy hat on the head!

Thanks Manfred. These Garrison hats are tough. Mine is my bad weather hat and other than some sweat stains here and there is as good as new.

Great looking Tilden, Hatto.

David and hatophile, nice hats today, gents.

Thanks GD. I've been enjoying the pics from your road trip!

Sam - 2 very cool hats

Joao - that's a Battle of the Brims contender for sure!

Charlie -fun shots in the snow.

D_S - cool looking Christy's

David - lovely Raiders hat - one of the nicest I've seen.

Thanks Richard. David Garrison is a very nice guy and makes super hats. Looks like you're enjoying the Squatter. Be nice to see your new fawn version when it arrives.

DJH, Classic! Dave Garrison does a nice job on those hats!

Thanks TJ - yes he does. Shame the western is a little large for you.

Alan - fantastic C&K. We don't see enough of their hats around here.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Now that we are past the holidays I can have lunch sitting down again. Today I wore my Hatco Dobbs in Caribou. Its like a Modern Stratoliner but with a wide ribbon.
e70e7951426f07c399282f3358db4451_zpsb281de89.jpg

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24